Question I need some assistance choosing between these two monitors, and if its worth upgrading to 2k or not ?

Jan 11, 2018
hello there, perhaps someone could give me some input between these two monitors and if they are worth the upgrade or not.

i currently own an AOC 24G2 144hz 1080p monitor but im looking to upgrade to a 27-inch 2k monitor, and these are the local choices i noticed so far.

https://www.zonadigitalsv.com/produ...t-ips-180hz-1ms-gtg-dp-hdmi-hdr10197105079663

https://www.zonadigitalsv.com/produ...170hz-1ms-gtg-hdr-hdmi-20-dp-vesa824142311387

i really wanna feel impressed by image quality again, just like when i upgraded to my current monitor from an
18-inch 1366x768 one.

thanks for your time

there will definitely be a large noticeable difference moving up from 24".
and the larger the display, the more distinct difference there will be with even higher resolutions.

what do you spend the most amount of time doing with this display;
browsing, work related software(if so, which type), gaming(if so, what types of games)?

if you're going above 1080p, i would recommend larger than 27".
there are lots of nicer larger displays that will really show off the detail of the crisper images.

Last edited:
Reactions: sergioalbertocmarin
Jan 11, 2018
there will definitely be a large noticeable difference moving up from 24".
and the larger the display, the more distinct difference there will be with even higher resolutions.

what do you spend the most amount of time doing with this display;
browsing, work related software(if so, which type), gaming(if so, what types of games)?

if you're going above 1080p, i would recommend larger than 27".
there are lots of nicer larger displays that will really show off the detail of the crisper images.
If you can check out the website I linked above perhaps you could recommend some monitors and I'll take that into consideration apart from the ones I posted, I believe the Msi I linked is no longer available now though, so I was aiming at that Asus I posted above and perhaps an LG that the current price is at $300, but as I said any suggestions are welcome within this website since I'll be buying locally.

Jan 11, 2018
My bad forgot to add that in my previous post: it would be mostly for gaming single player stuff, general usage, no competitive gaming.
I have a rtx 4070 non super Incase that helps with the use.