Build Advice I need some guidance choosing components for upgrading my system ?

Infinix

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
Hi, I have been wanting to upgrade my current build (R5 3600 and the components below) as the CPU is lagging behind in 3D work (with heavy scenes) and Limits my usage of CPU based renderers in my work, In gaming - The times have caught up to it I think

Here is the relevant Info
  • Parts to Upgrade : Cpu, Mobo, Psu, Cooler if needed
  • Budget : 80,000 Inr / 1000 USD (with taxes) but I am flexible upto 90k~100k max (Would be great if possible withing 80k)
  • Website for parts: Pc Price tracker (all the components that are available in the country with current prices)
My Pick for components
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 7900 (non x)
  • Mobo: Gigabyte b650 Aorus Elite ax
  • PSU: Corsair RM850e 850w
  • Ram: 32gb (16x2) DDR5 6000mhz
  • Gpu: 50 series 70 lineup (5070 or whatever they launch in the series with 16gb vram) (not to be included with the current build but as a consideration for power supply, 4070 ti super eq.)

My Current Build (Reusable parts)
  • Gpu: Rtx 2070 Super
  • Storage: 3.5" Hdd - 1x 4tb, 1x 2tb, 1x 1tb | Nvme: 1x 512gb gen4, 1x256gb gen3
  • Cooler: Deepcool gammax 400 v2
  • Fans: 3x120mm case fans, 2x120mm PWM fans

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Casual use, 3D modelling (Blender, Substance painter, 3Ds Max, Unreal engine), Rendering (90% of the rendering on GPU, 10% of the projects on CPU based renderers), Casual Gaming (CS2, The finals), Photoshop, After effects

Overclocking: Yes, atleast 5.1 ghz all cores and Undervolting
----

1. Could you tell me if the components that I choose are compatible with each other (Mobo with the CPU and Overclocking, Psu with GPU and Cpu requirements)​

2. An Intel build with the 14700k (I have no Idea about Intel side of things, a general one but not an informed one)​

I want a build that can keep me afloat for long without any upgrade for a long time (4 years), Bang for the Buck and I don't want the most overkill thing, Just the sweetspot build

My work/Usage profile - I use it for Freelance work and Browsing/Gaming, I do 3D models and Animations,
I use Blender as my primary software (More single thread usage while making stuff) and It uses GPU for rendering, I want to use 3Ds Max and Corona with some of my projects (Viable but it is all CPU and work is slower with the current build), Photoshop for Post-Processing and After-effects sometimes (This is lowest priority)
For gaming, just good fps are enough, I have 1080p 144hz monitor, Mostly I play FPS games - CS2, The Finals, COD but sometimes single player games - Pacific drive, Witcher, RDR2 etc

Thank you!

Infinix

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
Have you considered upgrading to a Ryzen 7 5700X with 64GB of RAM?
Hi, thanks for the reply!

Yes, I had but it lags behind in CPU rendering performance,
+ From my experience 32 gb is enough for me (I was making do with 16 some months ago), I have never needed more than 32

I don't want to regret choosing a component or upgrade again soon

Last edited:
Reactions: artk2219 and Why_Me

Infinix

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
This is a great counterpart on the intel side, thanks!
1) Any specific reason for going with 13700k except for the Budget?
2) Is it better than the 7900 when overclocked within range
3) Would it need an AIO cooler
1) The 13700k and 14700k largely performer the same, usually within about 5% of each other for single threaded and the 14700k only has an extra 4 efficiency cores. This may be beneficial to your highly threaded tasks, but it comes at a cost that is about 22% higher than the 13700k.
2) Yes.
3) Not necessarily. A good Air cooler can also push an Intel CPU a decent amount with OCing for all core frequencies.
I have picked these based on the 14700k

14700k - 37,850
MSI Pro Z790-P WIFI DDR5 - 22,090
CORSAIR RM850e 850W - 9,799
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5 6000MHz - 10,340
ARCTIC LIQUID FREEZER III 360 - 9,399

Will this do good? I think I can spend 15k on this performance boost as even 7900x will need an AIO
Looks good my friend, although you can go with a 13700k and get any version of this cooler to stay closer to the ideal budget without loosing too much performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hY...sassin-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-pa120-se-d3
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BR...-evo-69-cfm-cpu-cooler-phantom-spirit-120-evo

I could not find that cooler on the site you linked but its usually 30-50 dollars for any of the above versions and they perform very well.

Reactions: Infinix

Infinix

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
Thankyou friend, I was going to go with the 13th gen, but the ambient temperature here reaches 50 degrees C in summers + I am unable to find the cooler mentioned and even if I did I'd have to spend excess of 6,000 for it,

It is like that 'A little more' thing, if I am spending 6k on the cooler why now spend 10k more and get an AIO and 14th gen

Edit: Alas, my current case does not support this AIO, and I don't think I'd spend on one, could you suggest any alternative air cooler for the 13700k?
1) The 13700k and 14700k largely performer the same, usually within about 5% of each other for single threaded and the 14700k only has an extra 4 efficiency cores. This may be beneficial to your highly threaded tasks, but it comes at a cost that is about 22% higher than the 13700k.
2) Yes.
3) Not necessarily. A good Air cooler can also push an Intel CPU a decent amount with OCing for all core frequencies.

Looks good my friend, although you can go with a 13700k and get any version of this cooler to stay closer to the ideal budget without loosing too much performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hY...sassin-120-se-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-pa120-se-d3
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BR...-evo-69-cfm-cpu-cooler-phantom-spirit-120-evo

I could not find that cooler on the site you linked but its usually 30-50 dollars for any of the above versions and they perform very well.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! this helped me finalize the build

Edit: sorry to bother again, these msi z790 series mobos seem to have ethernet issues linked to the intel networking chip, trying to find some alternatives
I am not aware of any such issues. I think most of the z790 boards use the same exact intel networking chips for the 2.5g LAN and wi-fi. Can you point me to what you read regarding this issue?

Reactions: Infinix

Infinix

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
I am not aware of any such issues. I think most of the z790 boards use the same exact intel networking chips for the 2.5g LAN and wi-fi. Can you point me to what you read regarding this issue?

These are the ones worrying me, everything else seems fine, also thanks for constantly helping out, I really appreciate it

TRENDING THREADS