Question I Need to source 15 meter Active Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cable - preferably in Australia

old_rager

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
I'd like to move my PC 15 meters away from my display (Samsung 4K TV) and whilst doing so, ensure that the extension will support a data transfer rate of 48Gbps. Although I don't as yet have a TV that that supports HDMI 2.1 - and because GPU vendors haven't developed (as yet - may change next week at E3 with AMD NAVI?!?) a GPU that also supports HDMI 2.1, doesn't mean I can't plan now how to actually do it.

From what I understand, the full HDMI 2.1 standard can be achieved by using 1 of the following HDMI 2.1 cables:
  • A passive 2 to 3 meter HDMI 2.1 cable (doesn't matter which end you use to connect devices with), or
  • An active 5 to 15 meter HDMI 2.1 cable:
    • Active meaning one end of the HDMI cable is for the 'Source Device' and the other end is for the 'Output Device', and
    • I'm not sure of the distance restrictions of HDMI 2.1 when used in an active configuration - I just can't find where it is stated :(
I think I may have found what I am looking for (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...8K-HDMI-2-1-Cable-48Gbs-with/32922303335.html), but nowhere does it say it's active, nor is there a way to contact the vendor to ensure that it is in an Active configuration (as I believe a Passive HDMI 2.1 cables are only suitable for 2 to 3 meters).

Any help someone can give me in sourcing a true active 15m HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed cable would be very much appreciated!!!

Unfortunately it's only 18Gbps - needs to be 48Gbps, but thanks!!! ;)
According to the web nothing is going to be out until ces 2019, at least
but why do you need the bandwidth what are you driving?
You just change the cable by putting it ducting when the new stuff comes out.

Anyway, real bandwidth has never been HDMI's strong point - they are just really a marketing gimmick company. Display Port has always been king
32.40 Gbit/s and that was made 3 years ago...

old_rager

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
kwhy do you need the bandwidth what are you driving?
You just change the cable by putting it ducting when the new stuff comes out.

Anyway, real bandwidth has never been HDMI's strong point - they are just really a marketing gimmick company. Display Port has always been king
32.40 Gbit/s and that was made 3 years ago...

Display port maybe king, but until TV's get display ports, I'm gonna be stuck with HDMI. What is positive and why I am trying to future proof is because TV's will soon be doing 120 fps (240Hz/120Hz) and NAVI may just bring out a GPU that runs HDMI 2.1. That would be awesome news for me (and everybody else). We are currently doing renovations at home so would like to put the infrastructure so that when things start coming together, I can just easily take it up.

Display port maybe king, but until TV's get display ports, I'm gonna be stuck with HDMI. What is positive and why I am trying to future proof is because TV's will soon be doing 120 fps (240Hz/120Hz) and NAVI may just bring out a GPU that runs HDMI 2.1. That would be awesome news for me (and everybody else). We are currently doing renovations at home so would like to put the infrastructure so that when things start coming together, I can just easily take it up.
Why not just run fibre and use converters, a lot more bandwidth than a bit of copper. Problem solved and can be used for the next 50 years+

The only 48 gb cable I know is the Belkin but I don't know if it has length limitation. Monoprice.com (don't know if they ship overseas) has active as well as fiber HDMI cables for a pretty penny, take care of your length requirement but don't know about bandwidth.