Question I never seen this in a RAM before need help.

SpecOpsNick

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
I am currently shopping for 32GB of RGB Ram and I have experience in RAM but it's been years since I last took a look at it and I ran into something called DRAM and SDRAM does it matter if I pick anyone one of them for my new gaming rig? Also I ran into RAM that had a ( AMD Only ) I thought RAM was universal??

SpecOpsNick

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
What motherboard is this 32GB intended for? That helps us understand what the optimum configuration for that motherboard is. It might be two DIMMs, it might be four DIMMs.
That is a good question I am thinking about going for a motherboard priced between $200 to $300 for the i9 9900k I still need to find one that has RGB and made by ASUS for gaming.

SDRAM (not to be confused with with SRAM) is actually a fairly old nomenclature; which was associated with first-generation synchronous DRAM. Hopefully the seller is using the abbreviation inappropriately, because all DDRx RAM is, by definition, clock synchronized, making the prepended 'S' unnecessary.

You can ignore it and concentrate on finding RGB RAM qualified for the motherboard and processor combination that you finally select.