[SOLVED] I noticed that my Ryzen 9 5900x has too many Handles

May 27, 2021
My Ryzen 9 5900x Is using 320 Processes, 5500 Threads, and 8million handles. I wonder if this is normal?

My Ryzen 9 5900x Is using 320 Processes, 5500 Threads, and 8million handles. I wonder if this is normal?
I'm not completely sure I agree it's not too much...but it 'is what it is', as they say.

My system as it sits right now has 132 processes, 1551 threads and 56,561 handles. The difference probably comes down to what you're allowing to run in the background; I tend to keep it lean. If you installed the motherboard utilities that many mfr's bundle in with it then you might have a ton of services and resident apps you may not need.

I made the mistake of letting the Armoury Crate "app" install when I got my new Asus b550 and regretted it for all the garbage it installed. Right after that, if I'd checked Task Manager it would probably have shown something similar to what your system shows. Uninstalling it all wasn't easy, not even the special app I found out about in one of the ROG forum threads removed all the services. And I was dismayed to find out BIOS sets a flag so the OS will download anew at every re-start until it's disabled.

There are a lot of other apps people like to have running though: ICue is another one, for Corsair products. Most any RGB apps in fact; the thing to do is set up your RGB the way you want and then uinstall the app. Hopefully it leaves RGB working the way you want. Otherwise well, it is what it is, as they say.