Question I poured coke on my mechanical keyboard , need help

moodsly

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014
So I poured coke on my Mechanical keyboard (CM storm quick fire TK , Cherry MX blue switches) .
I disassembled it , cleaned it and let it dry, I also cleaned all the keys.
The keyboard works completely fine ( Typing this from it ) , but some switches have become sticky and stiff and its really annoying.
I tried cleaning the keys with some water and a hair dryer, medical alcohol , and they are still sticky.
Can anyone help?

D

Deleted member 14196

I always wash my key caps in dish soap and warm water that should take the Coke off. I have no idea how to clean the switches though

So I poured coke on my Mechanical keyboard (CM storm quick fire TK , Cherry MX blue switches) .
I disassembled it , cleaned it and let it dry, I also cleaned all the keys.
The keyboard works completely fine ( Typing this from it ) , but some switches have become sticky and stiff and its really annoying.
I tried cleaning the keys with some water and a hair dryer, medical alcohol , and they are still sticky.
Can anyone help?

Not much you can do there, you will probably have to replace the switches with the issue, or can try just removing them and then soaking them fully in iso alcohol for a bit to get rid of all the stuff on them.