Question I put a gpu riser backwards in the PCIE slot and turned it on, and it no longer works. Is there a way to fix it?

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
I have a gtx 1060 that I put on a riser and somehow managed to put the PCIe adapter in backwards and turned it on... The card doesn't even spin the fan when plugged into a normal pcie slot, it only tries to spin, stops, and clicks. It also has no video output whatsoever... It may not have been the PCIE reversal that broke it though, as It was in a 4 card mining configuration previously where other issues occurred. the miner would crash and the three other cards would turn off and the EVGA card in question would ramp up to 100% fan and not work much at all. But once that card was removed, however, the other three were working fine... Is there any way to fix this? as I would like to be able to use it again...

Too many variables here. Does the GTX 1060 work okay in other systems? If yes that would point to a damaged slot.
You'll need a known good, working card to test the slot further. However, if you really damaged the slot you could also kill your test card just by testing it.

cdoge88

Commendable
Sep 8, 2018
Too many variables here. Does the GTX 1060 work okay in other systems? If yes that would point to a damaged slot.
You'll need a known good, working card to test the slot further. However, if you really damaged the slot you could also kill your test card just by testing it.
Sorry about all the variables, but yes I put it in my computer in a slot that has a working GPU in it and it still didn't work and did as I described above. To clarify more, all of the issues began after I messed up the riser, so that is the most probable cause as of now.

TRENDING THREADS