[SOLVED] I put my PC(in its case) with all the components on my bed for about 2 min is there anyway my PC could be damaged from static electricity?

Jan 24, 2021
Hey there first time builder! I was just wondering if when I put my PC(in its case) with all the components on my bed for about 2 min is there anyway my PC could be damaged from static electricity? Sorry if it's a dumb question this has been my first build any answer would be appreciated :-D

Solution
If there's a chance? yes.
Is it likely? no.

While linustechtips isn't the most reliable channel in terms of stuff like this, he did a video with electroboom charging lots of static energy into ram sticks, and nothing killed them, even when it made literal sparks, and the computer was running.

Now I don't trust that video a whole lot, and I would never build a computer on a carpet, but your stuff is probably fine.
If there's a chance? yes.
Is it likely? no.

While linustechtips isn't the most reliable channel in terms of stuff like this, he did a video with electroboom charging lots of static energy into ram sticks, and nothing killed them, even when it made literal sparks, and the computer was running.

Now I don't trust that video a whole lot, and I would never build a computer on a carpet, but your stuff is probably fine.

Solution
No there isn't even a chance, the whole reason of the case is to protect your hardware from things, including static.

If the case is open there is a chance for something to touch a component and transfer static but on a closed case there is zero chance.