Question i switch my old i3 6100 processor with new i7 7700 but know i feel that the performance of my is low than before. as i play games

itspstr

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
i switch my old i3 6100 processor with new i7 7700 but know i feel that the performance of my pc is low than before. as i play same game now but know i have issues that games lag too much
when i used something related to graphics the performance worse as compare of using old i3 6100 processor
using os win 10 pro
mobo gigabyte h110m s2
ram adata 4 gb 2400mghz

i am confused know that where is the problem i updated my drivers and also format my windows after switching processor

is the problem is my processor or something else

But is the CPU temperature normal when running something demanding, like one of those games that isn't performing well, or just at idle? What kind of CPU cooler are you using, the one from the prior i3, or something else? The i3's bundled cooler won't likely be capable of handling an i7 under load.

Perhaps try running a benchmark like UserBench, and link to the results page here...
https://www.userbenchmark.com

itspstr

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
But is the CPU temperature normal when running something demanding, like one of those games that isn't performing well, or just at idle? What kind of CPU cooler are you using, the one from the prior i3, or something else? The i3's bundled cooler won't likely be capable of handling an i7 under load.

Perhaps try running a benchmark like UserBench, and link to the results page here...
https://www.userbenchmark.com
i am using the cooler come together with i7 processor box and also using the 5 fan set of coolermaster in my cabinet

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
using built in graphics only as before and as know

Then I'm not surprised you are not seeing improved game performance. The built in graphics on those processors are nearly identical and extremely low end for gaming. Replacing the i3-6100 with an i7-7700 will do almost nothing for your gaming performance.

You need to get yourself a GPU, a GTX 1050ti or something at a minimum. Otherwise this was just a waste of money.

Reactions: RobCrezz