Question I switched PCIE slots on my graphics card and 2 weeks later it won’t post

Jul 29, 2024
about 2 weeks ago I saw that my gpu was on the second pcie slot, so I switched it to the first pcie slot. It ran fine for 2 weeks but it crashed everytime I bumped into my case. It crashed for its final time and now it won’t post and my motherboards diagnostic LEDs are saying it’s a VGA and boot problem. Any way I can fix my gpu?

Pc specs (unsure of some parts because it was prebuilt, sorry)

CPU:i3-10150f
CPU cooler: air cooled, seems to be a deep cool fan
Motherboard: asrock b560m-c, bios version unsure because I can’t check
Ram: 1 8gb stick of Samsung ram and 1 8gb stick of crucial ram both ddr4
Ssd/hdd: 1 WD blue sata SSD 500 gb and 1 WD blue 1 TB HDD
GPU: nvidia GTX 1650
PSU: unsure, have been using it since October 2022
Chassis: unsure
Monitor: dell u2414Hb

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
First of all if you know, who placed the video card in the second slot?
If it was you for sure you had some reasons.
If you were not and you bought the computer this way, then there is a small chance that the 1st slot could be broken.
So in order to make the video card to work again you must insert it back in second slot.

Jul 29, 2024
Hello.
First of all if you know, who placed the video card in the second slot?
If it was you for sure you had some reasons.
If you were not and you bought the computer this way, then there is a small chance that the 1st slot could be broken.
So in order to make the video card to work again you must insert it back in second slot.
I bought it prebuilt so it came with the gpu being in the second slot. I’ve tried putting it back but it doesn’t fix it

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Well, when i said another system that doesn't mean that you must have it.
Take the card to a friend doesn't matter.
As long as we can eliminate the card from the list we will get further to motherboard.
One step at a time

mmp09

Commendable
Nov 27, 2021
A typically followed method of computer HW troubleshooting is to replace the suspected component and check if system works or not.
Most of us generally only have one desktop PC and may not have spares.

In my region I find it convenient to take such a system to a local repair shops/ technicians who generally have spares to nail down the faulty part. They charge a small fee for that.

Friends /relatives if not tech savvy may be hesitant to lend their system to you as they fear that while testing something may go wrong with their working system.

Jul 29, 2024
Most of us generally only have one desktop PC and may not have spares.

In my region I find it convenient to take such a system to a local repair shops/ technicians who generally have spares to nail down the faulty part. They charge a small fee for that.

Friends /relatives if not tech savvy may be hesitant to lend their system to you as they fear that while testing something may go wrong with their working system
I’ll see if I can bring my system to a repair shop
Side question: if it was my gpu, would it be able to be fixed? Same question goes for motherboard

mmp09

Commendable
Nov 27, 2021
If it's simple issue like loose connections or dusty card etc, then re-seating it and cleaning it & the related sockets with IPA cleaner (99.9% pure) can sometimes fix it. But if it's a chip level failure, then DIY fix is generally out of question for most of us.

In some Asian countries, there's cheap and skilled labor and IC chip level repairs is performed as a part of repair service. But in most places replacement by a new working card is preferred solution.