I think a part of my system is failing and I do not know which.

Feb 6, 2019
I built my computer sometime around 2015, have kept up with regular maintenance and had never had many issues. However, just out of nowhere nearly all my games have "stopped working". They either give me the generic this program has stopped running, or just stays a black screen forever. Some exceptions are Overwatch with almost no affect at all, Dark Souls 3 which now takes almost 5 minutes of a black screen to play with no side affects, and Penumbra: Overture. Those are the only ones I have found working with my 100+ steam library.

I have re-installed new graphics drivers with a plethora of software, as well as my motherboard drivers and DirectX. I'm almost certain it is a hardware issue at this point (can feel my wallet lighting already) but I don't know which piece is breaking, and I don't want to wait for it to finally completely crap out to find out which piece it is.

I have been on the web already googling but cant decide if it would be my graphics card, HDD, or PSU. I used FurMark to stress test my GPU and it opens and preforms with no issue, the fans spin temp stays below 80C. Used a Memory tester as well as the one supplied in the windows OS, and like I had mentioned kept regular maintenance and formatted most Wednesdays nights at 1 AM.

I again, can not stress enough that this happened out of nowhere, I would hop between Dark Souls 1,2, and 3, Penumbra series, Skyrim SE, and Batman daily, potentially all within an hour, but the majority say the window has stopped responding.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I have been sticking to the working ones for the time being but am at my own wits end for what the issue could be.

Quick P.S sometimes my keyboards programmable buttons don't save with iCue (corsairs software to customize) and i need to unplug and replug the keyboard for it to be recognized and this has been tested with EVERY usb port.

Feb 6, 2019
Here is the summary page craptopsquad
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 44 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 7 (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
E2350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Gigabyte)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ZOTAC International) 49 °C
ForceWare version: 417.71
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA ) 29 °C
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FYPS-27W9B0 ATA Device (SATA ) 33 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHDS118 7 ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device