Question I think I adjusted intels turbo

Mar 5, 2019
Hey all! I have an Acer Nitro 5 with the i5-8300h and the 1050ti. I was having heat issues (85c) so I downloaded intels extreme tuning utility and undervolted my laptop to -.140 and changed the wattage on both the long term and short to 20 watts instead of 45 watts. It looks like i effectively changed the max turbo speed to around 3.1ghz instead of 4.0ghz. My temp never gets above 70c now and I can still run my games on 60fps. I was wondering if I am correct in my guess that I am able to control the turbo, but I was also wondering if there could be any negative effects for turning down the wattage on the turbo? Thanks all.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Turning down the wattage only means that the laptop is now draining less power from the battery and overall the system runs quieter and cooler. You might want to run a gamut of tests with games and tasks to see that your undervolt is stable.

Mar 5, 2019
Turning down the wattage only means that the laptop is now draining less power from the battery and overall the system runs quieter and cooler. You might want to run a gamut of tests with games and tasks to see that your undervolt is stable.

I was playing games for about 4 hours last night and I had no issues!