Question I think i broke something

Aug 16, 2020
My brother let me use his computer a little bit while he is stationed in Japan and today i plug my monitor in and it said no signal. So i took out the ram and clean it. Now the computer sounds on but nothing is working. Help me

Ralston18

Titan
You need to talk with your brother to determine how he would like you to proceed.

How much experience do you actually have with respect to opening up computers, adding/replacing components etc.?

What exactly did you do when you removed the RAM and cleaned it?

It would be all too easy to make a mistake and make things worse.

Do not do take that risk unless you are very sure about what he wishes you to do.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
What did you clean the ram with? Don't say "with water and I put it back in without giving it a day or two to dry", what made you think that it was the RAM that was the cause of "no signal"?

Could have been anything but the RAM

Also, did you put the RAM back in properly?

Aug 16, 2020
What did you clean the ram with? Don't say "with water and I put it back in without giving it a day or two to dry", what made you think that it was the RAM that was the cause of "no signal"?

Could have been anything but the RAM

Also, did you put the RAM back in properly?
I dusted the stick off and put it in. Putting in was difficult aswell but its snapped in now.

Aug 16, 2020
You need to talk with your brother to determine how he would like you to proceed.

How much experience do you actually have with respect to opening up computers, adding/replacing components etc.?

What exactly did you do when you removed the RAM and cleaned it?

It would be all too easy to make a mistake and make things worse.

Do not do take that risk unless you are very sure about what he wishes you to do.
I think i shot the motherboard, i will replace it cause idk what to do

Ralston18

Titan
Again - talk with your brother and admit what you did.

That is what you should do.

Very good that you are willing to replace and pay for a new motherboard.

That said, it still remains that if you do not know what you are doing then you could do more damage to any existing components and any new components that you attempt to install.

Perhaps you have another family member or mutual friend who can help you.

Talk with your brother.