Question I think i have a failing ssd

JoeSeabuhr

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I have recently upgraded my pc and since then I have had problems which I believe is my ssd however im not certain. I had this issue fixed for around 3 weeks however it is now broken again.

I boot fine, I load into the desktop, however i can not access any file, i cannot launch in safe mode, i cannot ctrl alt del or win+r, I can only open apps. From the time the computer has opened to the desktop i have around a minute before it freezes, however, the mouse still moves and the buttons on various apps still animate, for instance if i hover over the exit button in a programme it will go red, I just cannot click anything. it feels stuck in a loop, i belive it isnt my motherboard as ive never bluescreened before.

the way i fixed it before was by swapping sata cable ports in my mobo, for some reason that worked but i have no idea why. Since then I have tried it again and i have swapped the cables from my hard drive to my ssd too but to no avail.

thanks for taking the time to read this!

JoeSeabuhr

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
@PC Tailor yeah sure thing, my initial specs were:

gpu: geforce 1080 msi aero
cpu: intel i7 6700k
mobo: asrock extreme 4
psu: corsiar 600
ram: corsair vengeance 16 gb ddr4
boot ssd: samsung 256 gb

the upgrade was mainly just upgrading the gpu, but i also swapped the case an dusted all my parts.

So now my gpu is a quaddro rtx 5000, thats the only change really, i do 3d for a living and i have been using the boot drive for around 3 years heavily with uni work / general file movement and to my understanding they have a lifespan?