Question I think my PC got attacked by a bug ( a literal bug ) please help

HydroXzX

Prominent
Aug 22, 2023
Guys i have a question and sorry but its a strange one. is it possible a damaged gpu or psu can still play games relatively okay but experience stutters? This morning my PC started smoking and making a bunch of noise around the power supply and or gpu area and i instantly cut it off and investigated to find a dead bug that looks to have been freshly electrocuted and chopped by fans, i took everything apart and cleaned and inspected to see if there was any damage, i didnt see any so i plugged everything back and its working like normal but im experiencing a few semi frequent stutters in the game ive been playing without any issues the past month. Really dont know what caused the smoke tbh it could have been the power supply as i smell almost a burnt smell coming from it after the first few mins of powering it back on. Im not comfortable taking the card apart to reveal any damage and definitely not the power supply as i just bought it and its under warranty.

Ralston18

Titan
If the power was suddenly cut then one thing to consider is that some file corruption occurred.

Run "dism" and "sfc /scannow" as an initial effort to find and fix any problem files.

Primarily as a matter of elimination if anything.

FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

= = = =

You are not the first to have computer problems related to insects.

As a matter historical reference - look up/google where the phrase "debugging" originated.

Hint: Rear Admiral Grace Hopper.

:)

HydroXzX

Prominent
Aug 22, 2023
"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."
^^^
Seems like it did find corrupt files and supposedly fixed them, having a hard time thinking about how this could cause stuttering in games but its worth a shot i suppose. i also uninstalled my gpu drivers and reinstalled them. ill give it a try now.