[SOLVED] I think my PC is underperforming

Aug 21, 2019
I built my PC about 2 years ago I have a
intel I7 7700k
Asus ROG Strix Z270 Motherboard
Asus ROG GTX 1070 OC
16 gb of ram
The monitor I currently game on is an Acer XF270HU at 2560x1440
A few months I noticed a dip in my frames I usually got nothing below 120 frames in games like Fortnite, COD BO4, Battlefield, Titanfall 2, Escape from Tarkov on high to ultra settings, but now I get around 80-90 frames with frequent spikes in frame rate. I did recently acquire this Acer monitor which stepped up from my old one which was a 1080p and are both 144 hz monitors but this dip in framerate happened on my old monitor as well.

I also bought a game that just came out that had its recommended parts listed as
intel I5 4590
8 gb of ram
gtx 970
and I am still unable to maintain over 100 frames on medium settings in this game. If I switch to my 1080p monitor it only hovers around 100-110 and frequently dips below 80.

Solution
Have you checked temps / frequencies etc? Ram speed and capacity still in order? If all is good here then possibly gpu drivers have changed, or if you use Geforce Experience, it may have changed how it optimises settings.

What drive are you using for Win/games? How much space is left?

1070 oc is a good card just don't expect too much from it in 1440p. I used to have 1070 and it gave around 80fps in Farcry4 with med settings 1440p that's with no antialiasing.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you checked temps / frequencies etc? Ram speed and capacity still in order? If all is good here then possibly gpu drivers have changed, or if you use Geforce Experience, it may have changed how it optimises settings.

What drive are you using for Win/games? How much space is left?

1070 oc is a good card just don't expect too much from it in 1440p. I used to have 1070 and it gave around 80fps in Farcry4 with med settings 1440p that's with no antialiasing.

Solution