I Try Overclocking my Ryzen 1200 To 3.6GHz But It won’t let me

Aug 13, 2018
I’m trying to overclock my Ryzen 1200 to 3.6 GHz but when I try too I can’t even get pass the bios without it just resetting and restarting then it goes back into bios telling me I did something wrong I look over it with videos and it still says the same thing
Specs
Gtx 1050 Sc
X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
G.skill Trident 16GB
Ryzen 1200 using stock cooler

Not sure what you are doing to OC, but I would start over. Load up the bios and select load default settings (or something like that as you may have change a setting by accident). After factory default setting have been changed, just make one change from the beginning to the CPU frequency multiple. You want to change it to 36. Type in 36 and press enter. Then save changes and boot into windows. That will give you a 3.6ghz clockspeed. Don't change anything else.

3.6 is a very mild OC and it should boot without changing the voltage. If it does not or you get a crash, go to your v-core voltage setting and increase it by .01 until you get a stable OC.

Aug 13, 2018
I just tried that and it just put me back in bios saying “The System has expirenced a boot failure possibly due to incorrect configuration.Previous settings in bios may not be compatible with current hardware state
Current cpu speed:3100.mhz
Current BCLK:100.70
Current memory speeds:3022.24mhz