Question I turned off automatic repair and now it cycles on and off

Aug 17, 2019
So I had the problem that my computer couldnt boot anymore as it would just show "Automatic Repair couldnt repair your computer" on a blue screen. I tried every fix I could find online but nothing worked. The last thing i tried was telling the computer to ignoreallfailures (automatic repair) in the command prompt. After that I restarted my computer but it turned off right after, then booted again and so on.
How can I get out of that cycle and if you have an idea on how i can fix the blue screen problem that would be appreciated too.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The first thing I'd do is to pull your HDD (or SSD) and get a backup of all your user data if you have not been routinely taking backups and already have one.

Then I would do a completely clean reinstall of Windows 10. You could be chasing your tail forever trying to do this piecemeal. You may also have a failing HDD, in which case an attempted clean reinstall may not give the hoped for result:
-------------------------------------
Important Reminder 1:

If your computer has ever had a valid, licensed copy of Windows 10 installed, even if that's been later replaced by, say, Linux, you can still do a completely clean install of Windows 10 without having to acquire a new license. Windows 10 licenses are stored electronically on Microsoft servers, and are linked to your computer's motherboard. The installer will locate that existing license if you are reinstalling Windows 10.

____

Important Reminder 2:

It should go without saying, but, if you have a functioning, even poorly functioning, system that you're hoping to wipe clean to get a fresh start you should definitely do a full system image backup and a separate user data backup before following the instructions for doing a completely clean reinstallation. It also makes sense to use a utility such as Belarc Advisor to create an inventory of the software you have installed and the license keys for same so that you have a handy list when it comes time to put them on your brand new Windows 10 installation.

____

You can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool either to create bootable USB media directly, or if you want to have a copy of the ISO file, to download that and use a separate utility to create the bootable USB media. Either way will work.

These instructions are current as of July 29, 2019. They have changed little during the life of Windows 10.

Doing a completely clean (re)installation of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool (MCT):

A) To create a bootable USB drive using the MCT itself:

- MS-Word Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

- PDF Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive

B) To download the Windows 10 ISO file and use Rufus to create the bootable USB

- MS-Word Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

- PDF Format: Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File

TRENDING THREADS