Question I uninstalled my graphics driver and now there's no display ?

Feb 28, 2023
Yeah so recently the screen of my Lenovo Legion 5 didn't work (black screen) and me, desperately trying to make it work because the Lenovo tech support is so slow, connected it to an external monitor.

To which I found out that turning off the MUX switch (reverting to default graphics drivers) made the external display not work. And so I turned the MUX back on via BIOS and tried uninstalling the Nvidia graphics drivers in the control panel hoping that it will fix all my problems, but now there's black screen even in the external monitor. I can't even make it display BIOS.

What do I do?

Here's my specs:

Graphics: RTX 3060
RAM: 16gb
Storage: 512 gb SSD

Feb 28, 2023
Thank you for your response. I've tried restarting the laptop several times, but the black screen persists. I even tried booting to BIOS and still there is no display.

The problem is when you removed the gpu drivers there is no way for the laptop to show you a video output because there is no vga video back up because AMD in their infinite wisdom do not include graphics on most their cpu's. In a normal pc this can be worked around by using an AMD cpu with on board graphics and reinstall the drivers.

On the right side of you laptop, next to headphone jack, there is a small hole for resetting to recovery mode, repair, etc. Used is a reset key that looks kind of like a handcuff key. You can try this to see if you can get a screen output. (with monitor connected) I do not know for sure if this will work but i am drawing a blank from here,:( sorry.

Feb 28, 2023
The problem is when you removed the gpu drivers there is no way for the laptop to show you a video output because there is no vga video back up because AMD in their infinite wisdom do not include graphics on most their cpu's. In a normal pc this can be worked around by using an AMD cpu with on board graphics and reinstall the drivers.
Oh I didn't know that. That sucks I guess. So another question, if I was to reinstall windows using USB boot drive, would there be any display or none at all?

Feb 28, 2023
Update: I made the external monitor work again by letting my laptop download and install graphics drivers. Twiddling with device manager I found out that there is an error: "Device not started amdwddmg" at the exact date and time my laptop screen turned black.

Any ideas/insights will be appreciated. Thank you!

FYI: The Ryzen 5 5600H does have integrated graphics.

Update: I made the external monitor work again by letting my laptop download and install graphics drivers. Twiddling with device manager I found out that there is an error: "Device not started amdwddmg" at the exact date and time my laptop screen turned black.

Any ideas/insights will be appreciated. Thank you!
So you now have video? On device manager what is that listed next to? -Device not started amdwddmg -