Question I upgraded to Windows 10 for free

Feb 21, 2019
So I just upgraded from windows 7 home edition to windows 10. I found a you tube video providing a link to a download from microsoft, and it all worked fine for free, but I thought Windows 10 wasn't available for free anymore, so I'm confused as to how I'm able to download it for free from the site?

Feb 21, 2019
oohhhhh.
I read your post wrong. Sorry.
When you upgrade from an older windows to another one, the activation carries with it.
But what I'm confused about is that before it wanted me to pay for Windows 10, however after this video I'm finding that Windows 10 is free if you have an active version of Windows 7?

Feb 21, 2019
If you don't have active windows, than you need to pay for an activation.
Because your windows is already activated, you don't have to pay.

I downloaded Windows 10 ages ago for free when it was a free upgrade offer, however i then went back to Windows 7 because I didn't like it. But when I tried to get Windows 10 again it was wanting me to pay, however now I'm just finding out that it's free still and that's the part I don't understand, why it was making me pay when it appears to be free for me. I didn't have to put in a key or anything, it just says I'm active with a digital license.

USAFRet

Titan
So I just upgraded from windows 7 home edition to windows 10. I found a you tube video providing a link to a download from microsoft, and it all worked fine for free, but I thought Windows 10 wasn't available for free anymore, so I'm confused as to how I'm able to download it for free from the site?

The 'free' upgrade from a previous Win 7 or 8 still works. I did it on my grandkids system at christmastime.
This was a brand new system that never had any Win 10 on it.
Installed WIn 10, unactivated, applied a previously unused Win 8.1 license....Win 10 activated.

And if yours had previously been upgraded from 7 to 10? Activated.
Leave it alone and enjoy.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I downloaded Windows 10 ages ago for free when it was a free upgrade offer, however i then went back to Windows 7 because I didn't like it.

This is why its activated now, When you upgraded the 1st time you got a activated win 10 licence on PC, as well as the win 7 key. That was what the upgrade did, it made your win 7 key also a win 10 key. It doesn't matter that you used 7 since then, it was still a dual purpose key.

Its not free anymore but you got in before that period ran out.

Apr 26, 2019
You did a clean install on blank hardware? Not an Upgrade from a previous version?
If so, that is exactly what will happen.

You have no license for that install.
What were you expecting?
My OS was Windows 8. Installed. Legit. Then came an offer to "try" Windows 10. FREE. So I did. Long story short Titan I fixed the issue using Windows System "troubleshooter" and they in fact were able to verify I , well, jumped on the bandwagon. I am all along an "insider" for Windows 10 Titan. I am also a FB "developer" Titan. Everything is legit Titan.

Your help is great appreciated......Titan