Question I used electrical tape to cover the back of my computer. Does this okay?

Oct 11, 2024
🔺Please do not start multiple threads for the same issue. Cross-posting is not permitted.

My room has a house gecko problem, and one time a female gecko even laid two eggs inside one of my front cooling fans, and after that I decided enough is enough and bought myself some electrical insulation tape that is also heat resistant and literally seals the back of my PC for any small openings that a common house gecko can enter. My question is, is it safe to cover the back of my PC like this?

After the procedure, my GPU temp and CPU temp are normal under heavy load. Maybe 1c or 2c higher, I don't know, but still, gaming/rendering temps seem as usual. I also made sure that no tape touches any USB ports, HDMI ports, etc., even though it is electrical tape. Basically, what I did was seal the back of my PC with magnetic dust filter parts and electrical tape. I know it looks ugly now, but I don't care. I just want to make sure these annoying critters stay away from my PC.

View: https://imgur.com/a/iW10uBa

Will I be able to sleep peacefully knowing that electrical short is not a possibility as well as geckos are not a problem anymore?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
The electrical tape will leave an adhesive residue on your case when you want to remove mesh filters off the case panels to clean them, I say clean since the filters will clog up with dust/debris. If you're fine with the temps, then you can keep moving forward but IMHO I think you should have your gecko in a terrarium or a larger enclosure and not near your PC.

One more thing, please stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains.