i want good GPU

wivern33

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Hi guys , i want to ask about GPU and case:
i want a decent GPU to keep playing games at ultra for 2 or 3 years at res 1920 x 1080p.
my reg:
CPU : i5 2400
MB : Gigabyte P61 usb 3
PSU : XFX 650 W XXX semi modular
RAM: 4G kingstone 1333

and i want to ask about good case at range 100$ - 150$ for cable management and cooling.
sry about asking too much but i am really confused about every thing :).

Solution
My buddy has that case and it is actually pretty sweet. The r9-290 will likely not be coming down in price until the gay bitcoin mining thing settles down. it's sad to me as well, but nvidia will be the way to go for the next little while :/
Oh woops, i thought that the price you listed was your gpu budget

Right now the msi 780 gaming edition is about the best you can get without getting into stupid prices since the amd cards went up in price

a good case for that money however, would be the CM storm trooper or stryker (comes in black and white respectively) and are just beast cases

wivern33

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
thx so much for the fast answer :)
but what about R9-290 Tri-x is it worth to w8 for it? and will its price be at range 430$ at the new year?
and what about this case "NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra" is it good as the cases u told me about or not ?

My buddy has that case and it is actually pretty sweet. The r9-290 will likely not be coming down in price until the gay bitcoin mining thing settles down. it's sad to me as well, but nvidia will be the way to go for the next little while :/

Solution

wivern33

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
sry but my friend told me about thermaltake A71 , he want to get it and told me to get one also but IMO CM storm stryker looks cooler than A71.
could u help me to compare betwwen those two cases :)

I myself have the stryker, and the features, and SIZE are quite impressive. So much room, has a built in fan controller for the two fans that are colored, and has hotswap bays. the front audio on the stryker is also better than some of the other cases i've had. Also, the carrying handle is robust enough to carry a fully loaded system without even flexing a single bit. Literally the ONLY problem i have with the A71 is that side panel fan (will have to undo wire each time you open the case last time i checked. But both cases have more than adequate airflow :D it's about what you like more, not what your friend tells you to buy :) Also if you don't like the stryker, cougar has some pretty far out looking cases, and the fans in those cases are some of the best i've ever had.