Question I want to put windows XP on my new PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2020
I want to install Windows XP on my new PC. It's not just for kicks I like Windows XP a lot more than windows 10. I know that I cant just download it from the web because I have an AMD CPU and GPU. specs: r5 3600, 16gb ram, Radeon RX 580 8gb, and enough storage. I think this has been done before but I don't know how and I want to do almost whatever it takes, I would preferably not want to spend any money unless there is no other way.
Can someone please help me do this, my discord is <Mod Edit - Personal info should be shared in a PM, not publicly>

In this thread you will find some posts by William P about older work stations for running XP. The issue for me was slots for DVD/CD...or i would have probably gone down that road...
I didn't see the posts, but I concur for sure as my HP z420 and z600 both still have xp drivers (and they work too). Crazy too considering the z420 can take 256GB of ram and is socket lga2066.

Sweet!
I'd love to see the details when you are done!
I plan to use proxmox bare metal on all the servers and create an image of my xp steadystate install and then just use that image as a template to create as many instances as I have ram. Then I'll just remote desktop into them all. Each one will use 4gb of ram and proxmox will probably need about 10gb--but with 288gb available on my R710 and 256gb on my z420, 128gb on my r410 and 96gb on my z600, that should be good for 70+60+30+20=180 instances right there. And I've got more servers and other systems I plan to re-purpose as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.