[SOLVED] i was just wondering if anyone tried using a 32 inch tv as a second monitor and can u tell me ur thoughts about it?

May 19, 2020
i want to get a Samsung LED TV 32 inch Series 4 as my second monitor for watching stuff on it not gaming, would u guys recommend that instead of a small monitor? and if u tried that can u give me the pros and cons of it pls?

Solution
A lot depends on the features of the specific TV and monitor.

For gaming, you'd want low input lag. A number of TVs have a fairly low lag game mode these days (as long as no scaling is used). But if you feed a 4k TV a 1080p signal, it has to scale and that increases lag usually.

For watching, TV's are often equipped with processing features to help smooth the poor motion handling of LCD and OLED tech. I.e, they have frame interpolation. Most of the monitors I have owned do not. In fact, they're usually very spartan in this respect and rarely even have a remote control.

Without frame interpolation, you'll likely experience poor motion resolution and motion blur while watching movies and TV shows. But if you buy a poor quality...

robertbhart

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012

For gaming, you'd want low input lag. A number of TVs have a fairly low lag game mode these days (as long as no scaling is used). But if you feed a 4k TV a 1080p signal, it has to scale and that increases lag usually.

For watching, TV's are often equipped with processing features to help smooth the poor motion handling of LCD and OLED tech. I.e, they have frame interpolation. Most of the monitors I have owned do not. In fact, they're usually very spartan in this respect and rarely even have a remote control.

Without frame interpolation, you'll likely experience poor motion resolution and motion blur while watching movies and TV shows. But if you buy a poor quality super cheap Walmart TV, you could end up with poor motion resolution and high lag - I.e, the worst of both worlds.

So, whichever you choose, make sure to check the features.

Solution
May 19, 2020

Without frame interpolation, you'll likely experience poor motion resolution and motion blur while watching movies and TV shows. But if you buy a poor quality super cheap Walmart TV, you could end up with poor motion resolution and high lag - I.e, the worst of both worlds.

Can u recommend some 32 inch tv with good features?

May 19, 2020

https://www.amazon.ae/Philips-LED-Inch-Monitor-323E7QDAB/dp/B01NBJV29A is this a good one?