[SOLVED] I3 10105f plus 2070 super

lubosblacksmyth

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
Hi guys, wondering if i3 10105f running 3200mhz ram can be bottlenecked by 2070super on 1080p. I like to underclock gpu sligtly for less heat in my pc case. Prob would upgrade to better monitor later not rght now.
DLSS destroys the CPU fore sure.
Thx.

Solution
According to what? If you run Blender, that's All cpu, extremely little gpu usage, so will naturally have a massive difference in usage. If running AutoCad, that's highly single threaded workload, and potentially heavy on gpu, massive difference there too. Even running CSGO is easy for any gpu after a 750ti, totally cpu capped game, run Assassins Creed in 4k and you are totally gpu capped.

There's no rhyme or reason to those calculators because there's no standard.

Perfect example was Win7. With my i7-3770K, I rated a 7.8 out of 8, results showed I had a fantastic cpu that was cutting edge and couldn't possibly be any better. The day after the i7-4770k hit the market, I got reduced to a 5.8 and got warning flags because my cpu was...
you know what i meant :D is my CPU weak for the GPU? Will be my 2070 super bottlenecked?
It depends on what games you're playing and at what settings. If you're playing twitch shooters at the lowest settings? Sure, the CPU will be a bottleneck here. If you're playing something like Far Cry 5 or Resident Evil Village with all the graphics options turned up? No, the GPU will be the bottleneck here.

lubosblacksmyth

Honorable
Aug 21, 2017
It depends on what games you're playing and at what settings. If you're playing twitch shooters at the lowest settings? Sure, the CPU will be a bottleneck here. If you're playing something like Far Cry 5 or Resident Evil with all the graphics options turned up? No, the GPU will be the bottleneck here.
God of war, insurgency sand storm, CSgo, Apex, Horizon zero, looking to play Uncharted should be released on pc. Okay so i should be mostly okay.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
According to what? If you run Blender, that's All cpu, extremely little gpu usage, so will naturally have a massive difference in usage. If running AutoCad, that's highly single threaded workload, and potentially heavy on gpu, massive difference there too. Even running CSGO is easy for any gpu after a 750ti, totally cpu capped game, run Assassins Creed in 4k and you are totally gpu capped.

There's no rhyme or reason to those calculators because there's no standard.

Perfect example was Win7. With my i7-3770K, I rated a 7.8 out of 8, results showed I had a fantastic cpu that was cutting edge and couldn't possibly be any better. The day after the i7-4770k hit the market, I got reduced to a 5.8 and got warning flags because my cpu was outdated and slow and it was hurting my pc ability. Recommended to replace with something better. (Recommended the i5-4590).

In 1 day, some jack-leg program was telling me that my i7-3770K at a 5.0GHz OC was too slow, even though it was Far better than a stock 4590 that didn't even have 8 threads, just 4.

Bottleneck calculators are NOT to be trusted, they are literal garbage and do not apply because they do not take anything into consideration other than their own parameters. You will always have a discrepancy either towards the cpu or towards the gpu, entirely dependent on exactly what's being run at any given time. Change games, get different results.

Solution
You could check Bottleneck Calculator:

Everything over 10% is considered a bottleneck (according to the website)
Bottleneck calculators are utter crap. There have been extensive conversations here proving this argument. Do not use them, do not look at them, do not trust them, do not even consider suggesting them.