Question i5-11400F clock speed not reaching the maximum turbo speed ?

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Hello!
My CPU's clock speed isn't running at the maximum speed it should.
It should run at 4.4GHz, but it only runs at 4.17GHz.
I have seen tons of videos, but none of them helped
Here are some specs:
CPU: I5-11400F
Mb: HP 8860
image.png

Also, I want my CPU's speed to be at the maximum speed every time

boju

Titan
Ambassador
4.4GHz is single core turbo and 4.2 when multiple or all cores are used. What you're seeing is normal and 4.4GHz isn't entirely accurate because single core use is dependant on software and is rarely so. It's a 4.2GHz cpu with a maybe 4.4GHz sometimes.

You can run maximum frequency (4.2GHz) by setting power plan in Windows to maximum.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
4.4GHz is single core turbo and 4.2 when multiple or all cores are used. What you're seeing is normal and 4.4GHz isn't entirely accurate because single core use is dependant on software and is rarely so. It's a 4.2GHz cpu with a maybe 4.4GHz sometimes.

You can run maximum frequency (4.2GHz) by setting power plan in Windows to maximum.
But I see people with the same CPU having a stable 4.4GHz clock speed.

In power plan, the maximum processor state is set to 100%, but is still not stable

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
1 more thing I almost forgot.
When I'm playing games or benchmarking the CPU, the CPU's clock speed slowly goes down in speed, till it hits 3.4GHz.
Temps are around 70 Celsius

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I have two systems for racing sim, each with 11400f, neither go above 4.2 all core turbo. Those saying 4.4 all core are lying.

Drops in frequency can be result of activity but shouldn't stay there for long unless you do have temp issues but you say do not.

I use Core Temp to monitor temps and frequency.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
I have two systems for racing sim, each with 11400f, neither go above 4.2 all core turbo. Those saying 4.4 all core are lying.

Drops in frequency can be result of activity but shouldn't stay there for long unless you do have temp issues but you say do not.

I use Core Temp to monitor temps and frequency.
I see.
Then my problem is that the CPU clock speed goes down to 3.40GHz-3.10GHz while doing a benchmark or even playing a game

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
Run Userbenchmark website and link results page. We'll see what it does.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58468681
Usually, after 2-3 minutes of benchmarking or gaming, it will slowly go down.
And as you can see, the CPU doesn't perform well enough as the other CPUs
The SSD should also go faster, but it only hits 200 Mb/s write speed, which I don't understand. It should have more power in it.

C1rm0ska

Prominent
Jan 17, 2023
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58468681
Usually, after 2-3 minutes of benchmarking or gaming, it will slowly go down.
And as you can see, the CPU doesn't perform well enough as the other CPUs
The SSD should also go faster, but it only hits 200 Mb/s write speed, which I don't understand. It should have more power in it.
Is there any way to "tell" the CPU to be always at 4.2GHz?
Literally everyone I know has their CPU at maximum and it's stable for them.
I move my mouse, the speed goes down by a lot