Ajanth

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi, Just wondering before I purchase If i should get the 3570 since on newegg.ca it is the about the same price($5 more) as the 3450 with a discount code. And if I do get it, will my motherboard be compatible with it and the rest of my parts. Thank you.
http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/g4DG

Solution
Normally the difference between the price of the two chips isn't $5. But, if you are not planning on overclocking, either chip and your motherboard is good. If the discount code is only for the chip then yea the $5 upgrade is worth it, but if you can use your code towards another purchase at newegg I would use the code on other stuff.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Normally the difference between the price of the two chips isn't $5. But, if you are not planning on overclocking, either chip and your motherboard is good. If the discount code is only for the chip then yea the $5 upgrade is worth it, but if you can use your code towards another purchase at newegg I would use the code on other stuff.

Solution

malbluff

Honorable
The 3570 is much the better processor, so, if similar price, a better choice. Couple of other minor points. I take it you have made a conscious decision not to overclock. If your budget will allow, try to squeeze in an SSD. They really do make a difference to performance. Well worth the cost, obviously assuming you can afford it, in the first place.

Ajanth

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
ok thank you if get the 3570, do i have to change my motherboard? And yeah, I have no plan on overclocking since I know that I'm not gonna be doing anything that requires me to overclock until I finish high school(3-4 years)

TRENDING THREADS