I5 760 , Afraid of Cooling Problem!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
hi guys , i decided to buy i5 760 with Great RIG ( all hardwares compatible ) but i worry about something . i have normal Size Case & my friend says that i should pay more & get a CPU Cooler ( Big Ones that require big CAses ! ) & he said that if u dont do that ur i5 760 wont work more than a Crap Dual Core , because it will overheat :

Now my questions are these :

1.Will i have problem with natrual Fan of i5 760 ?

2.if yes , then , can i get those CPU coolers that arnt BIG ( Blue & purple lights comes out from it & they are Famous in OCing works ) & can easily fit in my Case ?

3. should i get those BIg coolers ? & if i dont My CPU will SLOW DOWN a LOT ?

4. what if i just put a Simple Home Fan ( coolers ) infront of case ? its what almost any person have & i dont have to pay more for new RIG .

Thanks a lot !

Solution
Hey Viper98,

ct1615 is right, like I have been saying your case, the stock i5 cooler, your temps, room temp are all PERFECT and you will not have ANY heat problems. You do not need to take any special measures to keep your temps down, just make sure there is space enough around your case for the air to circulate as ct1615 said.

Your CPU will probably NEVER hit anything over 70c and that temp is ok for your CPU, what was saying is that the i5 can go up to 100c if some kind of a very rare problem occurs like the cooler fan fails and the CPU itself will THEN throttle(slow) and shutdown to protect itself.

Just to be clear everything is OK, you have nothing to worry about, smile :) , be happy, and enjoy your new PC when you get her put...
Status
Not open for further replies.