Question i5 9400f overload for no reason

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Hi, id would be greatly appreciate if someone could help me. 3 days ago i finally got my new PC with 2060s palit, i5 9400f, 2x8gb crucial 3000mhz ram etc. Everything is fine, new OS Windows 10. BUT. Somehow, in games such PUBG or another highdemand game my CPU goes crazy to 100% load and 75-80 temperatures. I would be agree with that staff, but i decided to buy budget coller performa aardwolf 9x (according to feedbacks, it can deal with CPU even like 9600k etc). BUT. I still have no idea, why in tests on youtube , people have like 50-60% usage of this CPU. Should i disable particular setting in my BIOS or OS? Btw, im usuing low settings in PUBG and only texutres are medium. So my 2060s goes only 60% load with 60-62 celcius while i5 9400f is literally overload with high temps. I dont belieave that with that not stock cooler i get such terrible temperatures. Maybe there is solution to make my processor to not be 100% load in such games because i dont believe that this build can be so bad....

weCzarek

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Make sure that you're on high performance power mode. Well I would go for software tweaks for start. Reinstall Windows (I know it sounds strange because you have fresh version), load uefi default settings. About hardware. Are you sure you're using decent thermal paste and your cooling system is correctly connected?

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Make sure that you're on high performance power mode. Well I would go for software tweaks for start. Reinstall Windows (I know it sounds strange because you have fresh version), load uefi default settings. About hardware. Are you sure you're using decent thermal paste and your cooling system is correctly connected?
i already reinstalled OS, it's literally clear as baby ass =). Where can i switch on high performance mode? Speaking about cooling system, it seems like i have problems because i dont really trust to the guy who installed to me, but there is not problem in high temperature. I mean, it's high because CPU is loaded for 100%, while in youtube streams, who tests same setup (i5 9400f + super 2060s) only 50-65% CPU LOad. Maybe i need to switch some setting in OS or Bios, any options?

while in youtube streams, who tests same setup (i5 9400f + super 2060s) only 50-65% CPU LOad.
Did they also use all low settings?
Because games will use all available CPU, even though they can't utilize it,unless there is something that slows them down,if you put your settings to ultra you should get less usage on the CPU or even better use a FPS limit so that the game won't use all the CPU.

narkotrafic

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Did they also use all low settings?
Because games will use all available CPU, even though they can't utilize it,unless there is something that slows them down,if you put your settings to ultra you should get less usage on the CPU or even better use a FPS limit so that the game won't use all the CPU.
no they use ultra settings, but as pubg player, im not intresting in ulra-medium-high settings, low settings are primary, especially when fps is highly needed, but even though, i will be ok if i can lower my temperature on CPU, so i already bought zalman termal grease and hope it will work for me, but i think is possibility to change something in BIOS to get proper usage of my i5 9400f

but i think is possibility to change something in BIOS to get proper usage of my i5 9400f
The reason the game runs better in ultra is because the game itself is messed up,there is nothing in the bios that will fix that.

If you only want to lower your temps you can put a usage limit on the power settings and put the high value on 80% or something but that will reduce your FPS and the CPU will still be running at 100% usage just with lower clocks.

The only way to get lower % usage is to make the game slower with ultra settings or with a FPS limiter.

TRENDING THREADS