[SOLVED] i7 12700k - recommended Fan curves?

Hrsn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys

just built my new pc!
Haven’t done too much testing yet, done a couple of benchmarks, GPU temps about 60’C, cpu reaches max 83 on cinebench

anyone with the same cpu have any recommended fan curves? I haven’t set them up yet, I’ve just selected smart fan curves in the bios

Thanks!

Solution
Phanteks P500A

that's a good airflow case.
and Phanteks produces some nice fans so i would imagine the included 140mm are decent at the least.

i'd probably go with a similar fan curve for your radiator fans

and about the same as my bottom & rear curve for your fan controller.
if it turns out a bit noisier than you'd like maybe drop each level ~5% until noise & temperature are both still within your expectations.
depends on make & model of fans, their location & orientation, and the airflow capability of the case.

the 11th gen supposedly runs a bit hotter than the 12th gen variants, so you can keep that in mind when setting yours up.
you can see my cooling setup in my signature

i have AIO radiator fans; 30°C @ 30%, 50° @ 50%, 70° @ 85%

front panel fans; 30° @ 30%, 50° @ 45%, 70° @ 65%
front based on CPU temp

bottom & rear; 30° @ 45%, 50° @ 55%, 70° @ 85%
bottom & rear based on GPU temp

CPU @ 5.2GHz never passes 65°C with very CPU intensive games, usually hangs around 55-60° with more non-CPU intensive games.
GPU has never passed 60°C, no matter what game.

Hrsn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2019
depends on make & model of fans, their location & orientation, and the airflow capability of the case.

the 11th gen supposedly runs a bit hotter than the 12th gen variants, so you can keep that in mind when setting yours up.
you can see my cooling setup in my signature

i have AIO radiator fans; 30°C @ 30%, 50° @ 50%, 70° @ 85%

front panel fans; 30° @ 30%, 50° @ 45%, 70° @ 65%
front based on CPU temp

bottom & rear; 30° @ 45%, 50° @ 55%, 70° @ 85%
bottom & rear based on GPU temp

CPU @ 5.2GHz never passes 65°C with very CPU intensive games, usually hangs around 55-60° with more non-CPU intensive games.
GPU has never passed 60°C, no matter what game.
Thanks, I’ll check what mine are later and see how it goes. I’ve got Arctic Freezer 360 at the top set to push air out, then 3 stock fans at the front of the case and 1 Arctic exhaust, in the Phanteks P500A, I’ve got a fan controller with the exhaust and front fans plugged into.

Phanteks P500A

that's a good airflow case.
and Phanteks produces some nice fans so i would imagine the included 140mm are decent at the least.

i'd probably go with a similar fan curve for your radiator fans

and about the same as my bottom & rear curve for your fan controller.
if it turns out a bit noisier than you'd like maybe drop each level ~5% until noise & temperature are both still within your expectations.

Solution
Feb 1, 2022
Hahahaha...same thing happened to me. Just after boot up, i went straight to the bios to see cpu temp, it is reaching 60c. This is nasty stuff. So i transfered my prev cpu cooler from older socket 1511, after i recieved the bracket for socket 1700. After complete installation, i watched cpu temp, it is 35c. I am using id cooling se 914 xe, support 2 argb lights. 1.on the cpu fan and another is on the top of the cpu cooler. Cheapest yet high quality. Better than those branded cpu cooler.

Reactions: Why_Me