Question i7 14700K or Ryzen 7 7800X3D

shawnsum

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012
Or just wait a couple months and see what comes out?

Current system is going on 6 years old and it's time upgrade!!

Leaning towards the 7800X3D considering all the stability issues going on with Intel, normally I would just throw a Intel setup together and not even consider AMD but it seems a lot has changed since I last looked at putting a build together! The X3D tech is interesting and 20-30 extra FPS seems nice if all you do is game and that's all I do with my home desktop so it makes sense to consider it!

That being said I know some games don't take advantage of the tech and man it would feel bad if something like Black Myth: Wukong came along and didn't benefit from the tech!!

Hoping to get some input and suggestions from you guys!!

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
If is hard to argue against the 7800x3d in your use case.

The only argument to be made at present is whether you wait a little while longer to see what the 9000 AMD processors cost and and what the performance is. They are not far off now and it might be prudent to hold on a little bit if you can. Once released there may be some small discounts on the 7800x3d as well so you wouldn't be losing anything

Reactions: shawnsum

shawnsum

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2012
If is hard to argue against the 7800x3d in your use case.

The only argument to be made at present is whether you wait a little while longer to see what the 9000 AMD processors cost and and what the performance is. They are not far off now and it might be prudent to hold on a little bit if you can. Once released there may be some small discounts on the 7800x3d as well so you wouldn't be losing anything
Makes sense to wait another two weeks or so at this point with the release so soon and that's what I've decided to do.

Reactions: MEMOFLEX

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Makes sense to wait another two weeks or so at this point with the release so soon and that's what I've decided to do.
I think it's a good idea to see what options you have available. I think there is going to be a staggered release with the x3d parts released a little later but it will still give you an idea of pricing for the new generation and more options to pick from.