Question i7-14700k running hot at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2023
I need some help figuring out how to get my CPU to run cooler. I just upgraded my CPU, MOBO, and RAM. I now have an intel I7-14700k on a MSI pro Z790-P WiFi with 32gb DDR5-6000. Also have a RTX 3080TI and for cooling i have a MSI mag coreliquid 360r V2, 2x120mm top mounted fans, 1x120mm rear mounted fan, and the side plate is off my case. I have set all my fans to maximum speed (around 2250rpm). AIO is side mounted with hoses at top. One hose is cool to the touch and the other is warm/hot. Radiator for AIO is cold. Pump speed wont adjust in bios and is set at 1220rpm. At idle, with 1% load on my CPU, my CPU temp is 95C. While gaming it spikes to 98-100C. Why is this CPU so hot, and what can I do to fix this. I've re-applied paste and secured cooler to CPU multiple times trying to troubleshoot. I could even have my AIO plugged in to the wrong spot. Any suggestions help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the case? Did you remove the plastic film/covering on the AIO's pump block? Might want to state the orientation of your fans...since we've come across people who have oriented the wrong way and their temps were horrible.

I could even have my AIO plugged in to the wrong spot
Which header is the AIO and the fans populating on the motherboard?

One other thing you could see is if your motherboard's BIOS is pending any updates.

Nov 11, 2023

Make and model of the case? Did you remove the plastic film/covering on the AIO's pump block?
i have removed the plastic. Im re-using the AIO from a previous build and didn't have issues prior to installing new hardware. The case is a lian li lancool ii mesh (white).

Nov 11, 2023

Make and model of the case? Did you remove the plastic film/covering on the AIO's pump block? Might want to state the orientation of your fans...since we've come across people who have oriented the wrong way and their temps were horrible.

I could even have my AIO plugged in to the wrong spot
Which header is the AIO and the fans populating on the motherboard?

One other thing you could see is if your motherboard's BIOS is pending any updates.
AIO is pluged in to pump fan, cpu fan, sys fan1, sys fan2.

How would I check for BIOS update? I installed current MOBO drivers about 10 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS