willismatt5

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
I have an i72600k with an Asus p8z68-v lx

And I got a sweet deal on two rx 570 in the box the question is I know the motherboard supports crossfire but intel says the cpu has one 16x lane

Solution

And I got a sweet deal on two rx 570 in the box the question is I know the motherboard supports crossfire but intel says the cpu has one 16x lane
x8/x8. would be good enough for pair of those GPUs providing that MB supports crossfire but I question doing it at all. Very few games support it nowadays and gains are minimal when they do.

x8/x8. would be good enough for pair of those GPUs providing that MB supports crossfire but I question doing it at all. Very few games support it nowadays and gains are minimal when they do.

Solution

willismatt5

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
In the question of the motherboard supporting it ir does in fact but in the case of the gain I don’t really know what do you you expect someone to do with two identical cards

willismatt5

Prominent
Jan 22, 2019
Take care when you look for used cards like that, they were very popular with Bitcoin miners and if used for a year, fans may be pretty worn out. Some have dual BIOS, one set for mining and other for games, or have BIOS updated for mining.

Yes I aware of this and with the card I plan to get it has quick disconnect fans

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue) *1
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black) *1

That board will run x16 in 1 slot, x4 in the other slot, as long as pcie x1(1) is unpopulated, or it'll run in x2 mode as bandwidth is shared between the 2nd x16 and (1) x1.

Same layout as my p8z77-v LE. Very common on budget boards, you'd need an upgraded version like the p8z68-V or p8z68-V Pro to get x16/x8/x4 instead of the x16/x4/x2

Last edited: