I7-3770k Processor Safe Temp Range?

harmacintyre

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

These Are The Temps I Am Running. SpeedFan Says My Cores Are In The Red. Are These Temps Not Safe For My Processor?

Could You Give Me A Safe Temp Range And Possibly A Link For Future Reference Also?

Solution
Your temps are fine! Ivy runs hot. If your temps hit 80+C in games then you should be worried.

What cooler are you using? Are these temps in game or high usage or at idle?
When overclocking the 3rd generaiton Intel® Core™ processors do run hotter but at their normal speeds they they are cool running processors. In the end I have tried to keep the temperatures on my overclocked Intel® Core™ i5-3570K under 80°C when running Prime95.

InvalidError

Titan

75-80C is normal for IB at heavy load with stock cooler. Most half-decent aftermarket coolers like the 212+ will drop full-load temperatures by at least 15C when properly installed.

The stock HSF is intended for little more than meeting Intel's warranty requirements so it tends to let chips run much hotter than enthusiasts usually like to.

John Giles

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I have mine at 4.2ghz running at about 34-41c at 70% +-

Sabertooth z77
Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo (with extra fan installed)
NXZT tempest 210
6 XIGMATEK 1500RPM case 61.37 cfm fans
32GB corsair vengeance 10-10-10-27

0tzi.png

InvalidError

Titan

Thermal Radar is just a set of temperature sensors on the motherboard. The CPU's on-die temperature sensors will be much hotter since they are directly inside heat source, cutting out all the heat flow resistance and dispersion.

usnflyer

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
I have a full custom liquid loop and run at 70c at full load overclocked to 4.5. That temp range is safe, been running it for two years. If you are looking to overclock, though, you will need to upgrade your cooler.