any help here :)

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

so hyperthreading needs to be turned off? and no. there is only 4 as option

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
actually in bios under advanced/ cpu configuration/active processor cores i can choose all or 3
. is my cpu damaged or something. now i have disabled hyperthreading

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

yes i selected all as it already was at. restart. now in core temp. it says core#0 core#1 #core2 #core3.
so #core0 might count as 1 to 4.
but now ive comed to another problem. msconfig advanced.. maximal memory says 3712. but i have 16gb ram. so what to do there

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

okay thank you.
its all cuz im trying to oc the 4770k. but im not so good at that stuff. but i successful oc to 4.2ghz. i should be able to get 4.6 am i right? i just get blue screen with 4.3 so i dunno what im doing wrong here i was following a guide video at youtube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=182s&v=Suy-j9FHghU

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

thats why i wanted some pro to help me with my specific setup.
i successfully made a oc to 4.2ghz
but i have seen many oc further. but i got bluescreen at 4.3ghz
if someone just wanted to help me i would be glad :)

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

core voltage in cpuz says 1.264 V
and yes i hit manual
now i got bluescreen damnit.

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

cpu core ratio 42
min - max cpu cache ratio 35 both
cpu core voltage 1.250
cpu cache voltage 1.200
initial cpu input voltage 1.900
eventual cpu input voltage 1.900
DRAM voltage 1.65000

(cpu power management configuration)
EIST disabled
cpu c states disabled
turbo mode enabled
cfg lock disabled

hyperthreading enabled again.

i dunno why i get bluescreen..
i used prime95 to test

and i see it jumped back on 2 cores instead of 4. hmm

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

okay ill try that. and then run the prime95 on fft 1344

what about minimum and max cpu cache ratio?

I forgot to mention don't use Prime95 it's not exactly optimal for Haswell CPUs. It could do more harm than good, I highly HIGHLY recommend you switch to OCCT, it's a much more optimized stress tester.

ca.iversen

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017

are you able to remote control with me here. i dont know occt. i just downloaded it.. TeamViewer maybe

Feb 19, 2020
i have been in BIOS and set to" sync all cores"
i have also been in msconfig at set to 4 cores,
but still in cpu-z and core temp its says 2x cores and 4 threads

any help here :)

You have half of your CPU disabled.

This problem can usually be fixed by going into msconfig, click on the Boot tab - Advanced Options and then making sure that Number of processors: is not checked. There is an internet myth that setting this to 4 will speed up your boot times or something silly like that. Your CPU supports hyperthreading which means your 4 core CPU can process 8 threads of information at a time. If this is set to only 4, only half of your CPU is being utilized.

Once you uncheck this box reboot and see what RealTemp, the Task Manager and CPU-Z say. The APIC ID box in RealTemp shows 0 1 2 3. That means hyper-threading is enabled which is good but only the first two cores of your CPU are active. It should be showing 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It's an internet myth and like other internet myths, if it gets repeated enough it seems to become true. I have no idea when the msconfig idea got started.

On some motherboards, if you put 4 in that box, this was a "trick" to disable hyper threading. Some gamers didn't like hyper threading when it was first introduced so this trick disabled it. Depending on how Windows and your bios get along; this trick will either disable the last 4 threads or every other thread. If it disables every other thread, that would be good for this purpose because you would end up with 4 cores and 4 threads. On your motherboard, it disables the last 4 threads so you end up with only 2 cores and 4 threads or exactly half of what you paid for.

Leaving that box unchecked is usually best. Then when Windows boots up, it is able to find all your threads.

Post some pics to show your new and improved CPU. It really makes me wonder how many people around the world are using only half of their CPU because of this.

CPU-Z will show you how many cores and threads you have. If the APIC ID box in RealTemp shows 0 2 4 6 then that means msconfig is disabling every other thread and you have 4 cores 4 threads.