Ugz

Apr 20, 2019
Whenever i am gaming, watching youtube videos or watching netflix i have been getting spikes on my cpu. Usually i would have about 40% usage while gaming however since the past few weeks its been rising to 80/90/100 which causes the program i am using (Gaming,Discord,Youtube,Netflix) to freeze and act up.
I formatted my pc today, clean wipe in case i had a virus or anything of the type but the problem still exists.
My setup is as follows:
Gpu GTX 1060 3GB
Cpu I7 4790K
Ram 16gb corsair vengance DDR3
I have 3 front fans, a back fan plus the cpu fan which is the evo121?212?
I use two monitors.

EXAMPLE: 100% Cpu usage, 7.3/15.9 GB (46%) Ram usage, 94% GPU usage.
CPU temp 60 on average. Speed 4.18ghz, threads 2785, handles 237221, processes 184
GPU TEMP 30% AVERAGE

What i have tried: Reducing the amount of cores that im using, Reformatting PC, Changing usage priority. What i have left to try is replace the thermal paste to see if that changes anything.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of your OS are you on? Did you recreate the bootable disk/installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Latest BIOS update? Speaking of BIOS, always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Ugz

Apr 20, 2019
Which version of your OS are you on? Did you recreate the bootable disk/installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Latest BIOS update? Speaking of BIOS, always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I7-4790k
AsRock H97M Pro
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
4TB Hard drive, 120gb SSD
GTX 1060 3gb Gigabyte
550W corsair
Kolink Observatory ATX Mid Tower RGB LED Tempered Glass
Windows 10 Version 1803 Build: 17134.706

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P2.00, 27/07/2015

I haven't used the media creation tool

Ugz

Apr 20, 2019
Question:
Does this happen only when multitasking, running the above at the same time?
Or - If you single task youtube does it still spike up to 100%?

It's quite random. It may happen while im running a game and discord, or it may happen while im just using netflix and other applications open but not in use such as steam/discord.
Regardless of it being a single task or not, it would spike up to 100%

Ugz

Apr 20, 2019
If you always have steam tab open in backround and update enabled while gaming or tab open, your steam games are being updated in the background. This will cause more cpu usage and your anti virus program is probably kicking in to at the same time to check the files. This will take a lot of processing power away. I would only have steam tab open when you are actually using steam. Make sure you exit from the steam tab so it is closed when not using steam or steam games.