i7-8700K (coffee lake): Prediction on availability?

Solution

Intel told us desktop chips would be coming in the "Fall" in their recent 8th Gen U series announcement. WCCFTech has made some pretty specific comments on availability:

The Coffee Lake processors will be announced earlier but they won’t be available in the market up till early October. The processors will launch along side the Z370 family while the budget aimed B360 and H370 chipsets will be available later in Q4 2017. There will also be a new chipset known as Z390 which will be offered for 8th generation desktop processors but no details are available on that specific SKU.
Source...

Intel told us desktop chips would be coming in the "Fall" in their recent 8th Gen U series announcement. WCCFTech has made some pretty specific comments on availability:

The Coffee Lake processors will be announced earlier but they won’t be available in the market up till early October. The processors will launch along side the Z370 family while the budget aimed B360 and H370 chipsets will be available later in Q4 2017. There will also be a new chipset known as Z390 which will be offered for 8th generation desktop processors but no details are available on that specific SKU.
Source: http://wccftech.com/intel-8th-gen-cpu-launch-kaby-lake-cannonlake-coffee-lake/

Buuuuuuut, that's WCCFTech and they have no comment on where they've got that information from. So hardly reliable.

Solution

daniski

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017

In Intel's "8th gen stream" on facebook they had a cup with the word "October" on it, and another cup with "10 2017" on it. That would be my guess :)

nemanjaljubb

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017

So you think that i7 8700k will be available in the market in october? Becouse i heard that 8th generacion of procesors for desktop wouldnt be available until februar 2018.

I'm not claiming any special inside knowledge here, except that wccf link and a few hints from Intel. They've shown retail boxing already, that's pretty early if the launch isn't until February. But I am just guessing and looking at rumours. Nothing solid.

TRENDING THREADS