Question i7-8700k Cpu usage 80-90% New Modern Warfare why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Archer

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
HI everyone i have a i7-8700k and a 1070 TI But when im loading the game Call of duty modern warfare and in lobby/games i see it spike up to 80% usually 50-80% usage during gameplay is this normal?
Now Im on a 2k Resolution 144hz panel.
Ive tried the fixes such as make sure the priority of mw is normal witch it was.
and turn off the replay nvidia mode thing i did that too
I dont believe it does this with any other game.

So there are certain arbitrary CPU usage ratios that you feel are 'good' and simply must be maintained, regardless of GPU and most importantly, the resolution/details/quality chosen, and, actual performance gets thrown out with the proverbial bathwater? With a fast GPU and a good CPU, I"d expect CPU usage to be at 80-90% at 1080P in most games, and, naturally be less if/when GPU-limited.

Drop your quality settings, turn off AA and assorted effects...; if framerates increase substantially, your GPU is holding you back...

144 fps+ gaming is not always a walk in the park, and, some games are barely (or not even) capable of it yet...

First, see if your CPU is even holding proper turbo behavior in the game (all core 4.4 GHz, or, 4.7 GHz if power limits removed and MCE enabled) under a semi-heavy load...; if any less than 4.3-4.4 GHz, check temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.