Question I7-9700F black screen/no display

Mar 1, 2024
Hi, I'm encountering an issue and can't figure out what is the problem..I'm trying to upgrade my CPU from i5-8600 to i7-9700f. With my old processor everything is fine,but when I put the new one , its just a black screen or no display dunno how u will call it. The PC is starting ,but nothing shows on monitor. I saw that I should update my BIOS version and did that ,but still no luck. Im using a budget one: AsROCK H310-M HDV and with the version of 4.10 I can run i7-9700f. Dunno why I even installed 4.20 so it can be the newest version ,but even with that there's no luck. If someone can help me with issue ill be very thankful.
MOBO: Asrock H310-M HDV
RAM : 16GB 2666mhz
Video: GTX 1060-3GB
1TB HDD
2x480GB SSD
Was i5 8th gen, trying to get I7 9th gen to work.

Mar 1, 2024
Im using DisplayPort for the main one. Im using a second monitor with VGA to the motherboard ,but that doesnt matter.

bignastyid

Titan
Since installing the new cpu have you reset bios defaults? What bios version is currently installed? Also since you have a f model cpu the ports on the motherboard are not going to work so all displays will need to be connected to the gpu.

Reactions: rgd1101
Mar 1, 2024
When i'm installing new cpu im connecting only DP to GPU, VGA is not even connected. I said that im currently with 4.20 when ASROCK says that i7-9700f need 4.10 bios.

bignastyid

Titan
When i'm installing new cpu im connecting only DP to GPU, VGA is not even connected. I said that im currently with 4.20 when ASROCK says that i7-9700f need 4.10 bios.
Sorry missed you had 4.2. Did you reset bios defaults when you installed the 9700f? Location of the clrcmos pad is on page 6 of the manual.
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/H310M-HDV.pdf
Just use a screw driver to jump/connect the 2 pads to reset bios defaults.

Mar 1, 2024
I have one very important question.. Struggling with it lot of time.. When I'm clearing CMOS should I disconnect PSU or should I do it with PSU connected?

bignastyid

Titan
I have one very important question.. Struggling with it lot of time.. When I'm clearing CMOS should I disconnect PSU or should I do it with PSU connected?
If you use the jumper pad you can leave the psu plugged it. If you use method of removing the cmos battery the psu needs to be switched off or disconnected.

When you flashed the bios you would have needed the old cpu installed so when you install the new cpu you need to reset defaults to clear the settings it used with the old cpu.

Mar 1, 2024
If you use the jumper pad you can leave the psu plugged it. If you use method of removing the cmos battery the psu needs to be switched off or disconnected.

When you flashed the bios you would have needed the old cpu installed so when you install the new cpu you need to reset defaults to clear the settings it used with the old cpu.
Yeah , I was with the old cpu when I flashed the bios. With the new one the only thing that I see on PowerOn is a black screen..Will try that tomorrow and will post here again what happened. Hope that these things that u guys said helps... Thanks!