i7 running hot

marterrin

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
I have a i7 870 with gtx 480 graphics card, cooler master centurion 5 case, thermalright macho cpu cooler and 3 case fans but the temp under load is 75 degrees I have reapplied the thermal paste which did drop the temp down from 86 degrees I have cleaned all dust out of case with a air compressor what else can I do to drop the temp? by the way 2 of the case fans are brand new. the case to me seems cluttered with hardware but cables are tidy.

Solution
Hello... Modding takes time and $$$ and guesses... B / the 400 series was/is Old GPU energy tech... I want to encourage your Bravery here... BUT... science is science... all I can say is the GPU FANS Performance DO ware out... it is the only mechanical device on the video Card B / .... they can be found and modded there too... B / take the cover off your case for all the AIR to get into it... but my $$$ would go into a GTX760 or better for you. B )

marterrin

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
hmmm really have to break up the relationship very sad would adding aftermarket cooler to card help like a arctic accelero help? could away use it on a newer graphice card if I have to buy one

Hello... Modding takes time and $$$ and guesses... B / the 400 series was/is Old GPU energy tech... I want to encourage your Bravery here... BUT... science is science... all I can say is the GPU FANS Performance DO ware out... it is the only mechanical device on the video Card B / .... they can be found and modded there too... B / take the cover off your case for all the AIR to get into it... but my $$$ would go into a GTX760 or better for you. B )

Solution

TRENDING THREADS