[SOLVED] i9-10850K and z490 Aorus Elite AC Rev 1.0

Feb 14, 2021
Hello,

I just purchased an i9-10850k and the Gigabyte z490 Aorus Elite AC. The mother board is Rev. 1.0. The manual does not say what BIOS version rev 1.0 comes with but it does say that CPU support for the 10850k does not come until BIOS version F4.

Am I going to have to flash the BIOS with version F4 in order to make it recognize my cpu on the very first start up or will I be able to start it and update later?

If I do need to flash it all I do is place the BIOS version I want on a USB and rename the file to GIGABYTE.BIN correct??

Thanks for you answers...

B

Solution
Thanks Geo, I don't want to have to Q-flash if I do not need to.. so I guess Ill fire it up and hope it works
Good reasons on both sides of the question.
After initial testing out of the box, I would consider updating if there is a newer bios.
In the event that there is some sort of issue, it is easier to handle before the pc goes live in production.
Feb 14, 2021
Ok, so I will flash it with the updated BIOS before even putting it in the case. Thank you.... man once you said Q flash plus I was able to find very helpful videos. It was all about the "plus." haha.

New motherboard stock will come with the latest available bios.
I think it is a good thing to test a new setup outside the case first , regardless.
When you start up, the bios should show the installed bios level.
The initial bios was f2 which supported 10900k.
F4 is for gaming optimization.
Plan on updating, but I would not consider it urgent.

Thanks Geo, I don't want to have to Q-flash if I do not need to.. so I guess Ill fire it up and hope it works
Good reasons on both sides of the question.
After initial testing out of the box, I would consider updating if there is a newer bios.
In the event that there is some sort of issue, it is easier to handle before the pc goes live in production.

Reactions: bbarelman
Solution