[SOLVED] i9-10850k Suddenly Runs Super Hot

Feb 11, 2022
So my system is
Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL
Lian-Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Asus STRIX Z490-A
Strix RTX 3070
Corsair RM 850x Gold PSU

The system is around 2 years old and was working flawlessly. I am able to run on max settings on a lot of games with relatively good FPS, however a couple days ago when I was playing Valorant, i went from ~400 Frames to 20 and it suddenly froze. I turned off my PC and tried to turn it on, I got shown a page saying something along the line of "Overheating".
At first i thought it was the thermal paste so i reapplied it and it allowed me to boot up to my desktop.

I checked my Temps and it jumped around from 35C to 45C but when I started up Valorant and logged in, it's running at 95C - 100C. I haven't even gotten into a game, it was just the main page.

I suspect an AIO failure but I wanted a second opinion. I've brought my computer into a technician and they said it isn't an AIO failure. They stressed the computer with Prime95 and it hovered around 80 - 93C.

That seems quite high for me, what seems to be the issue here for a sudden heat surge?
Picture on the bottom shows temps after new Thermal paste has been applied and running Valorant.

273006375_1136225593816600_5892717684938578024_n.png

Solution
i have taken the AIO of and given it a good shake...
left the pump connected
remove the block and reinstall to make sure it is making full contact and is tightened in place correctly.
of course also make sure the plastic seal is removed from the contact surface and that enough thermal paste is applied.
when I started up Valorant and logged in, it's running at 95C - 100C
usually means the AIO is clogged or it's pump has failed.

run a few other games and see if you get the same result.
brought my computer into a technician and they said it isn't an AIO failure...
with Prime95 and it hovered around 80 - 93C
definitely something fishy going on if games get hotter than a Prime95 stress run.

it's possible that while in transit any bubbles or other clog was dislodged and that's why their stressing did not overheat the system.

i guess you have kept an eye on temperatures after the trip to the shop?
are they still getting abnormally high now that it's back home?

Feb 11, 2022
usually means the AIO is clogged or it's pump has failed.

run a few other games and see if you get the same result.

definitely something fishy going on if games get hotter than a Prime95 stress run.

it's possible that while in transit any bubbles or other clog was dislodged and that's why their stressing did not overheat the system.

i guess you have kept an eye on temperatures after the trip to the shop?
are they still getting abnormally high now that it's back home?
Yes even at home it's still ridiculously high. I'm testing my friends AIO tomorrow and seeing how it is. I'm leaning towards the AIO failure

Feb 20, 2022
I'm also having similar issues on my 10850k i think my lian li galahad 240 AIO is at fault as i can't run cinebench R23 without getting all the cores to 100 degrees everytime i have tinkered with the voltage it works but today the temps have again went up i have taken the AIO of and given it a good shake well just the rad i left the pump connected maybe i need to take the whole thing off to really give it a good shake. I'm kind of running out of ideas now as the CPU is sitting around 80-90 degrees whilst gaming my room is cold also.