Question I9-9900k HITS 90C DURING C23

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
So i ran cinabench r23 for 10min and few of my 2 of my cores hit 90c others were close to that too.

Motherboard: AORUS Z390 ELITE

It is overclocked to 5.0ghz
1.345v
AVX auto
And calibration set to turbo

Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2 liquid cooler

Normally when i play games like cyberpunk my cpu sits around 65-73c never goes above that. I was just worried when my cpu hit 90c. Is that normal? Thanks

I got really good results after overclocking i dont want to go back yo 4.7ghz

Please run a userbenchmark and post a link to the results.
90C is not good for the long life of CPUs. The i9-9900k is also a monster when it comes to OCd TDP. Luckily, unless you regularly need to run Cinebench or other programs that push your CPU to 90C, you can just continue to game and use the programs you normally use. Try to keep your CPU below 80C for a good, long CPU life.

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
Please run a userbenchmark and post a link to the results.
90C is not good for the long life of CPUs. The i9-9900k is also a monster when it comes to OCd TDP. Luckily, unless you regularly need to run Cinebench or other programs that push your CPU to 90C, you can just continue to game and use the programs you normally use. Try to keep your CPU below 80C for a good, long CPU life.
I rarely use any programs but is my voltage safe for everday use?

It's within the max vcore limits, as long as you have adequate cooling AND/OR don't run anything that pushes the temps too high.

Curious to see your userbenchmark results. Could you run it and post a link to the results?

Oh, and yes, when pushing over 1.34v and 5GHz on the i9-9900k, hitting 90C in Cinebench is absolutely normal.