IBM Predicts That Someday Movements Will Power Gadgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]boju[/nom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdAjmdm5O8]Just imagine the POWER you could obtain from this hippo![/citation]
Is anybody else encountering monkeys?

G

I find most of these inventions to be useless money pits, and they all seem to be easier to hack then the current systems. The only interesting device would be using body motion to power devices.

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]no duh, they already do. I predict some day all devices will be controlled by the individual's mind-and wirelessly for elective surgery implants. Now that's a prediction![/citation]

no man has ever set foot on mars, and it won't happen anytime soon, been watching Sci-fi movies much boy?

G

What about harnessing sound energy (vibration) and EMF energy?

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think i will ever trust a computing device to just know what I want and to buy it for me automatically. I hope no one gets to that point, allowing such a thing would just make that person an idiot.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Heck my grandpa had watch powered by movement. It is absolutely just question of efficiency of such mechanisms for converting mechanical into electrical power. Or in other words it's just gear ratio that need to be appropriate.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I'm holding out for a implant to convert glucose to electricity, that way when I need to charge my phone I can just eat a snickers :) though i guess overwieght people would have more of an advantage over me, they've been stroing power for just such an occation

Status
Not open for further replies.