IBM, Sun Acquisition Deal Collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
this is good, you can't just BUY the sun, ITS THE SOURCE OF ALL LIFE FOR GOD SAKES!
than they would start charging for sunlight per hour, and gosh it would just be a terrible mess after that

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Noooo, I felt like IBM was the best chance to save Sun's products :( (ie. Open source Open Office). But I guess it would be better if they would just not sell in the first place, unless they really need to.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
What ever happened to the Yahoo, MS deal anyway? Did Yahoo rejected MS's offer and have to settle for lower as expected?

I think SUN is over its head if it thinks other company (read, Google) is going to come in and saves it.

The fools, fools I say. The unrealistic expectations of the board is one of the major reasons the company is in a downhill slide in the first place. They will be kicking themselves when they go bankrupt or someone buys the company for $5 a share.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]The fools, fools I say. The unrealistic expectations of the board is one of the major reasons the company is in a downhill slide in the first place. They will be kicking themselves when they go bankrupt or someone buys the company for $5 a share.[/citation]

Yep, I agree. Stupid decision, unless a miracle can happen for them - stocks are down 25% at the moment.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]GreatWalrus[/nom]Yep, I agree. Stupid decision, unless a miracle can happen for them - stocks are down 25% at the moment.[/citation]

Sorry for the double post - but maybe this was IBM's plan all along - talk deals with IBM, then back out and watch the stock plummet. Then reconsider a deal for 25% less.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]GreatWalrus[/nom]Sorry for the double post - but maybe this was IBM's plan all along - talk deals with IBM, then back out and watch the stock plummet. Then reconsider a deal for 25% less.[/citation]

Deviously clever if that's the case. Hurt the competition and then buy them for way less...

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]aerjesrjsedrj[/nom]good job yahoo...i mean sun.[/citation]

wow, greedy, they're nuts, this should have been brought up in front of their shareholders, they are not worth even near what ibm was offering them.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]fuser[/nom]I think Microsoft should step in and buy Sun just to piss off the Java community.[/citation]

now that microsoft has .net i dont think it cares much about the java crowd.

sure it would have been real fun, but it would have been waste of money, since most would not have stayed with microsoft, they would have bailed to ruby, some other vm. also, microsoft would then have to support all those other oses with it's java something i dont think it wants to do. and if it stopped supporting them and giving .net it would have undercut it's os something i dont think they want to do, then there are all those f*ck*n regulators in the eu who would cry to high heaven.

actually they already did, a number of years ago microsoft paid couple billion to sun for the ability to use all past, present and future ideas, once you have that who cares... microsoft gets to create .net learning from java without fear of lawsuits...

salem80

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
[citation][nom]GreatWalrus[/nom]Sorry for the double post - but maybe this was IBM's plan all along - talk deals with IBM, then back out and watch the stock plummet. Then reconsider a deal for 25% less.[/citation]
the reason that Deal Collapses are Scott McNealy Sun chair man ..
i think same thing that's said "megamanx00" will happen
Sun can't go alone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.