iBuyPower Announces GTX 780 Option for Gaming Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietrich1

Honorable
May 16, 2013
i bought a desktop back in 05 from cyberpowerpc, because it was about 100 dollars cheaper than buying all the parts separately on newegg. (sometimes it works that way, most of the time it's cheaper building your own.)
for expensive hardware such as the 780gtx, the savings gap tends to widen in the favor of building it yourself. for hardware in the mid-range/low-range, tends to be the sweet spot for companies like this.
i can't wait for haswell to be released. coupled with the 780gtx, minimum FPS at 60, awww yeah. smooth as butter!

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I know this isn't directly related to the article but wouldn't Nvidia benefit from a longer life cycle of it's products not only because they wouldn't have to make faster GPUs (which costs them money where they could just make slower, cheaper to manufacture products, and sell them for the same price) and also would create greater demand because people would be waiting for products instead of having a new product come out right as they buy the previous generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.