Question ID Cooling SE 214 XT for 5800X?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Very basic budget system on an A520 motherboard. Updating from the R5 3600 to the R7 5800X due to the INSANE price it was up for. The case has some very basic fixed RGB fans 3x (120) and the motherboard has no RGB header. From what I can tell online the ID Cooling unit seems to perform in a similar ballpark to the CM Hyper 212 and the real topper being the IDC unit is on sale for $15.

This CPU will be used mostly for playing and possibly recording SIMS game, and perhaps some video editing of content from that same game. Currently paired with a GTX 1080 with a future plan of upgrading that to something like the 7600 XT level of GPU, mostly for Free Sync in relation to the monitor being used (1080/75)

It certainly doesn't need to be stated that there are better cooler options, but for $15 as opposed to the Wraith Stealth, this should do a workable job for this use case, or no? Only testing I can find in a quick search is reviewing on a 5600X and/or foreign language, so figured I would ask of personal experience.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
you will have a problem with the 5800
Very basic budget system on an A520 motherboard. Updating from the R5 3600 to the R7 5800X due to the INSANE price it was up for. The case has some very basic fixed RGB fans 3x (120) and the motherboard has no RGB header. From what I can tell online the ID Cooling unit seems to perform in a similar ballpark to the CM Hyper 212 and the real topper being the IDC unit is on sale for $15.

This CPU will be used mostly for playing and possibly recording SIMS game, and perhaps some video editing of content from that same game. Currently paired with a GTX 1080 with a future plan of upgrading that to something like the 7600 XT level of GPU, mostly for Free Sync in relation to the monitor being used (1080/75)

It certainly doesn't need to be stated that there are better cooler options, but for $15 as opposed to the Wraith Stealth, this should do a workable job for this use case, or no? Only testing I can find in a quick search is reviewing on a 5600X and/or foreign language, so figured I would ask of personal experience.
you will have a problem with the 5800x , the cm hyper 212 is better cooler