id Software's Rage Officially Dated Sept. 13 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Meh, I was never really interested in this game in the first place. Ive had enough post-apokaliptic-mutant-wasteland-first-person-shooters.

cable4

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
It should be a very good year for gaming. All games are getting an overhaul and the higher resolution combined with the power of directx 11 and big screens makes having a higher end gaming rig more acceptable for the living room.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I can understand why it's taking them so long - they're building a new game engine from the ground up after all. If they perfect it then we'll probably see a slew of games using the licensed engine, which could be fun.

As far as the actual game goes, I'm not all that excited about it. ID haven't been on the ball in terms of gameplay in the last few years in my opinion. Doom 3 was a letdown compared to the original Doom and Doom 2 - they changed the gameplay too much although I've heard that Doom 4 will be more like the originals.

The game I'm waiting for some news about the most is Half Life 2: Episode 3 or even Half Life 3.

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]By then, the GPU power of a 5870 will be around $100.... The ATi 7650.[/citation]

No, it will just suck like Quake4 did!

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]jackfrost860[/nom]Why Rage on 9/13 not 9/11 ?[/citation]

Because that would be highly insensitive and would be a marketing disaster.

[citation][nom]jackfrost860[/nom]No, it will just suck like Quake4 did![/citation]

I thought Quake 4 was quite good fun. I wish it had an expansion pack. It was everything Doom 3 should have been in my opinion. I really hope they bring out a sequel to the Quake 2, Quake 4 saga.

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]Because that would be highly insensitive and would be a marketing disaster.
I thought Quake 4 was quite good fun. I wish it had an expansion pack. It was everything Doom 3 should have been in my opinion. I really hope they bring out a sequel to the Quake 2, Quake 4 saga.[/citation]

I can respect that; but somehow it would seem in keeping with Id’s post-apocalyptic nightmare obsession.

azetec

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
I don't like the graphics of games made in OpenGL they look so old tech like games made 10 years ago, the outdoor graphics looks the most terrible with such bad lighting compared to DX games, let alone comparing them with HDR DX games you can't even compare such things that's how bad OpenGL lighting is

G

I was hoping it would be Q1 2011, oh well. The game looks incredible though. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the game looked from the E3 trailer and how smooth it ran considering it was running on a console. I would expect the PC version will be that much more stunning. Next to Portal 2 this is my most anticipated game of 2011.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
How long has this game been in development? I think this is a record for id software. Crysis 2 looks better imo and it's coming out 8 months before this.

I used to be an id software fan until Doom3 didn't have cooperative play :(

Status
Not open for further replies.