[SOLVED] Idile temp???

Aug 28, 2019
Hi

Not sure do i got problem with temperatures.
My previous card was asus rog strix rtx 2060 oc 6 gb and my idile temp was around 35-38 celsius
Now i got new card asus rog strix rtx 2060 SUPER OC 8GB and my idile temp is 53-55 celsius.
thats kinda big diffrence in temperatures for card that doin nothing in desktop.
What u think lads ?

Solution
It's normal to have 55C without fans spinning but not when you just started windows. 55c when you just started the system from cold boot is considered a lot.
Wait, how long is it taking for the GPU to reach 55c? Is it 5 minutes, or when OP just starts the system? I see both statements and I'm just trying to figure out which one is the right information. As I said, it is likely that the GPU is in 0dB mode, and without fans spinning I could believe that it would reach 55c in 5 minutes (55c is precisely the target temp for 0dB mode). I'll test my rig when I get the chance so we can compare. An Amazon reviewer stated that his 2060 strix idles at 51c and reaches 71c while gaming, so OP's card is really not far off the mark. I...
Aug 28, 2019
Yeah, when i start pc and doin nothing in like 5 min my gpu temp is 53-55C.
In games..well i play only apex and it around 77C.
Should i return card or what ? Its a brand new card.

The idle temps are high so it might be driver related.
Use DDU as suggested but do it in safe mode. Or even better, follow this guide:

Many gpu cards have a 0dB mode when idle, in which case the fans are off and a temp around 55c is normal. Just use GPUz or any other OC/monitoring app to see if and when the fans are spinning. They should be spinning when you’re gaming. 77c is not unheard of for the RTX series, but you might want to search some other threads or find a review for your specific card to see what temp other people are reporting.

Many gpu cards have a 0dB mode when idle, in which case the fans are off and a temp around 55c is normal. Just use GPUz or any other OC/monitoring app to see if and when the fans are spinning. They should be spinning when you’re gaming. 77c is not unheard of for the RTX series, but you might want to search some other threads or find a review for your specific card to see what temp other people are reporting.
It's normal to have 55C without fans spinning but not when you just started windows. 55c when you just started the system from cold boot is considered a lot.

Wait, how long is it taking for the GPU to reach 55c? Is it 5 minutes, or when OP just starts the system? I see both statements and I'm just trying to figure out which one is the right information. As I said, it is likely that the GPU is in 0dB mode, and without fans spinning I could believe that it would reach 55c in 5 minutes (55c is precisely the target temp for 0dB mode). I'll test my rig when I get the chance so we can compare. An Amazon reviewer stated that his 2060 strix idles at 51c and reaches 71c while gaming, so OP's card is really not far off the mark. I would say OP might have to look into the case airflow because that certainly can have an effect on GPU temp. Also try flipping the GPU BIOS switch to Performance mode(may require a restart), which I believe should keep the card cooler at idle since it probably runs the fans all the time, or just create a custom fan profile in which the fans never stop spinning if the BIOS switch doesn't change idle temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: helpstar
Solution