iDOS for iPad Ran Warcraft 2, Windows 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]Kinda sad that the opportunity to run DOS is the first thing that made me actually want an iPad... And now it's gone.[/citation]

Uhm, you don't need and iPAD to run DOS..

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]Kinda sad that the opportunity to run DOS is the first thing that made me actually want an iPad... And now it's gone.[/citation]
Download dosbox for windows, linux, or OS X. It will run A LOT BETTER!

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]I wonder if I could develop apps within iDos ... assembly code and software interrupts! A virtual machine inside a ipad.[/citation]

I imagine so, and precisely why Apple pulled it...I'm sure the app is being studied by "Top Men" at Apple...

nick8191

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
When I heard about this app, I jumped on it like a fat kid to a cupcake (windows programs on an iphone? Damn straight!). Im disappointed to hear that it got removed (though not surprised), it was a great idea for an app. Apple really needs to loosen up, they are going overboard with this stuff. The argument that they remove these types of apps to protect their users is a load of crap... Odds are that if you are aching to download dos for your iphone/ipad, you are savvy enough to fix it if something goes horribly wrong.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
And what reason is that? The best games and support are on the iOS platform, that cant be disputed. If you never had an iPhone, then dont talk.

Cydia allows you to do alot with your iPhone. Droid users have by default the GUI that Motorola puts on it. In order to really use your droid, you have to root it as well.

Besides, the interface is horrible on the android phones. I test all of them and came away very unimpressed. In fact, my buddy at work who has an EVO is constantly talking about how much better my pictures look, slingbox picture, etc. So dont hate, congratulate! :p

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
And what reason is that? The best games and support are on the iOS platform, that cant be disputed. If you never had an iPhone, then dont talk.
I know you'll be getting lots of thumb downs from the community but it is the truth. For some reason the iPhone has the best games, best looking, and best functioning games out there. I've tried some high end games on the android market and so far none seem to offer the caliber that the iPhone can put out. Almost the same when it comes to apps.

Cydia allows you to do alot with your iPhone. Droid users have by default the GUI that Motorola puts on it. In order to really use your droid, you have to root it as well.
I can't vouch for the moto gui, but i do like the HTC sense gui. the gui in general is by far better than stock iPhone. Having custom widgets allows me to focus on what i want to see first on my android vs shuffling through page after page after page of iphone apps to get to my radarnow program.

I just hope for someday a happy marriage between both devices. An iphone with android hardware capability (led flash, cameras, slide out keyboards, widget style gui) or an android market that matches the iphone (tons of apps, easy to navigate store, good quality games, easier SDK kit.)

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Id have to say that while it would be pretty awesome to be able to play some of those old dos games on there, I cant imagine its very easy to manipulate the controls on a touch screen for games that originally required a keyboard + mouse. Still, I think its a pretty neat, and I dont even own an Iphone/Ipod. Hopefully they loosen up some and allow it to return to the app store.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Thanks kingssman for not immediately blasting me and actually making a thoughtful response. I dont even own a Mac and I dont plan on buying one because of the price. But I do love to game on my PC.

And the reality is right now, the iPhone has the biggest support by the major game publishers and I am constantly getting blown away by what kind of graphics and gameplay they can pull off nowadays on these devices.

I wont bash Android because I am some blind Apple loyalist, I am far from it. Just calling it how I see it right now. Im sure the Android games will catch up eventually, but its just not the case right now. Cheers!

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]codefuapprentice[/nom]Have apple's fanboys infiltrated this site?(my previous comment deleted)Damn Apple and their iron fist law, i wanted that iDos app for my Ipod touch[/citation]

Sort of, a few months back one of the toms authors stated they post apple related stuff because it generates more hits. Sad they've gone the route of quantity over quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.